Editing channels on Coolsat 8000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shadyone

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Well I am getting used to my new cs 8000 and think it was a good purchase ( < $200 shipped off e-bay). My biggest problem is the way channels are numbered by the box. It is very annoying to scan through 34 channel 3's to find Mission Impossible:mad:. I know that Iceberg mentioned this problem it his initial review of the receiver in 2007. My question is has anyone found a way to edit the channels on the 8000. I wish there was some method such as Channel Master that would allow channels to be manually renumbered and sorted. Also has the software ever been fixed to allow ota epg to function like it did in the initial release (The one that was useless since dvb didn't work). If Coolsat would fix a few of these issues with a new factory bin, the 8000 would really be a fantastic box.

Thanks, Shadyone

the OTA thing hasnt worked (EPG) since the upgrade to get satellite

as for the screwed up numbering here is what I do. You can sort it by satellite by going into the menu. I forget what name it is but it says "sort", "delete" etc..select sort and then select "network" and save

It will sort them by transponder by satellite as they are in the box. So if G10 is satellite 1, G25 is satellite 2, etc it will sort them that way then by TP.
so it will show G10 11800 TP channels, then 11720 channels etc then when all the G10 channels have been sorted them it goes to G25

Whats goofy is if you already have it set that way and rescan, it won't resort...so I change to CAS or TP and save, then go back and do by network.

it doesnt solve the 50 channel 2's but at least its sorted by satellite :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts