Effective March 2012...

Glad I dropped BHN, fee increase and no new HD channels for the Florida panhandle in ages. BHN sounds like a recipe for disaster if they do not get their crap together in the small markets.

From their website ...

With our Whole House DVR service, you can record your favorite programs in one room and watch them on any TV in your DVR network. Think of the convenience and the fun of being able to record shows on your DVR here, and then watching them there. Plus, unlike some other providers, Bright House gives you the option to connect multiple Whole House DVR’s, allowing you to record up to 16 HD channels at once, and to store up to 480 hours of HD programming.

I wonder what the capabilities of the HD DVR are at the 11.99 price and if it has two tuners or if it has more than that.

I wonder what the capabilities of the HD DVR are at the 11.99 price and if it has two tuners or if it has more than that.

I don't know quite how to describe the capabilities of my HD DVR, the price of which is going up... it does seem to have two tuners, but as of a couple of software upgrades ago, it stopped "laying down" the last two tuned channels at all times onto the disk. Formerly, you could turn on the TV/box, and rewind either of the last two tuned channels to the beginning of the current program.

Then, that very nice capability was taken out of the software. If you switched to a third channel, it was then laid onto the disk, replacing the first one and beginning recording at the point in time you switched into the channel. The second one was still being recorded until you switched to a 4th channel.

$144 per year! For a rented box, and for the HD service, I guess. Wonder how that splits--how much is for the box rental and how much for the service?

This is all NOT related to the whole house DVR, which is a much higher price.

My last bill was $128.39: std internet, digital tier, no premium packages, 1 DVR, 2 regular boxes, no phone.

Last edited:
as much as I hate D* this is why I have them. Love BHN Hd lineup here, but those prices? No thanks. Im already getting ripped for Internet for not being a TV Sub..New bill today and it 2.00 hire and showed a modem line for 2.00. never seen that before..No WHole house DVR here either, been asking them about it for close to a year they still have no Idea when it's coming out. NO NFL network still. Its laughable.

as much as I hate D* this is why I have them. Love BHN Hd lineup here, but those prices? No thanks. Im already getting ripped for Internet for not being a TV Sub..New bill today and it 2.00 hire and showed a modem line for 2.00. never seen that before..No WHole house DVR here either, been asking them about it for close to a year they still have no Idea when it's coming out. NO NFL network still. Its laughable.

Sounds like you might be in Michigan. I understand the frustration there with the WHDVR and other things. It's a work in progress there :)

I have probably missed the information but I too have wondered why the software update changed how the DVR box works as to "laying down" the last two channels. Even the channel I watch does not record the entire program. It will drop off the early parts of a program without doing anything. There are times when it is not laying down anything then it will record etc. If I select a program to record all seems fine. Most times when I switch channels I lose what was recoded when I switch back. I thought the box was not working correctly but if a software change I sure can't see why this has not been corrected. This started some months ago. What can be done and I am hoping that BH tech expert sees this? Should i have the box switched to a new one? Thanks.

I don't know quite how to describe the capabilities of my HD DVR, the price of which is going up... it does seem to have two tuners, but as of a couple of software upgrades ago, it stopped "laying down" the last two tuned channels at all times onto the disk. Formerly, you could turn on the TV/box, and rewind either of the last two tuned channels to the beginning of the current program.

Then, that very nice capability was taken out of the software. If you switched to a third channel, it was then laid onto the disk, replacing the first one and beginning recording at the point in time you switched into the channel. The second one was still being recorded until you switched to a 4th channel.

$144 per year! For a rented box, and for the HD service, I guess. Wonder how that splits--how much is for the box rental and how much for the service?

This is all NOT related to the whole house DVR, which is a much higher price.

My last bill was $128.39: std internet, digital tier, no premium packages, 1 DVR, 2 regular boxes, no phone.

The recent software update had nothing to do with that. I will have to check on a couple of things and will get back to you.

I have probably missed the information but I too have wondered why the software update changed how the DVR box works as to "laying down" the last two channels. Even the channel I watch does not record the entire program. It will drop off the early parts of a program without doing anything. There are times when it is not laying down anything then it will record etc. If I select a program to record all seems fine. Most times when I switch channels I lose what was recoded when I switch back. I thought the box was not working correctly but if a software change I sure can't see why this has not been corrected. This started some months ago. What can be done and I am hoping that BH tech expert sees this? Should i have the box switched to a new one? Thanks.
I have that problem pop up occasionally. Whenever it happens, I unplug and reboot the box. It seems to solve the problem for me. Anytime one of my boxes starts acting funny or slow, I unplug and reboot, and it seems to do the trick.

Thanks. Per the other writer I have rebooted the box several times. That has solved several unusual things but not this one. I will wait for BHNtechXpert input. I had to change the box some years ago as it started to act up. I wanted to know if that was what I needed to do again.

The recent software update had nothing to do with that. I will have to check on a couple of things and will get back to you.

It was not a RECENT update that took away the continuous lay-down of two channels...it was several iterations back, probably a year ago +/- whatever.

It has been awhile and that is why I figured I might have missed earlier posts. I am interested in finding out the whys and what I can do to get back this service versus just when it decides to work. A few days ago I was discussing, with a BH rep., my next promotional package and rates and asked about this. This rep. was not aware of a problem or change. I don't want to exchange the box if that will not solve it. This is the only issue I have. I can keep pushing the record button and then go to another channel but a pain. I figured someone or the BHNtechXpert would find out as I have seen him help many here. I have seen your posts jcarrera as well. I am hoping the BH guy will soon have an answer.

It was not a RECENT update that took away the continuous lay-down of two channels...it was several iterations back, probably a year ago +/- whatever.

I really liked it because I could turn on the TV/box, and if there was a program I wanted to watch on one of the two channels, you could just go back to the beginning of it and see the whole thing.

Agree. It was used by me for football games plus. I sure hope BHNtechXpert finds out something specific and a fix.

I really liked it because I could turn on the TV/box, and if there was a program I wanted to watch on one of the two channels, you could just go back to the beginning of it and see the whole thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts