Egg McMuffin is 63 cents tomorrow

Sold! Now if only they'd bring back the McLean Deluxe, which was awesome and had less than 30% of it's calories in fat. Apparently I was the only one buying those burgers. :(

Reactions: dennispap
Yes it was. it was 90% beef with 10% carrageenan (a seaweed extract) replacing the 10% fat. I used carrageenan in my beer making as a clearing agent, it is completely food grade.
It was that slime stuff they used to sell at school cafeterias..beef left overs

When the Navy switched to 25% soybean burgers, some guys bitched on principle (a happy sailor is a ….). But it faded. Really not much difference. And no fancy burgers. Throw a preformed frozen meat patty on the griddle (sliders), cook it, and any enhancements were up to the water.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
63c for an Egg McMuffin ????

Several years ago I went into the local McDonalds to order an Egg McMuffin to NO suprise when I got to my order I found one that was about a third of the size of the original one, since then I haven't gone back try them any more ....
However, I Can go across the street to the Dunkin Donuts and order the same thing and I get one FULL SIZED and its Very good too !

Reactions: TheKrell
When the Navy switched to 25% soybean burgers, some guys bitched on principle (a happy sailor is a ….). But it faded. Really not much difference. And no fancy burgers. Throw a preformed frozen meat patty on the griddle (sliders), cook it, and any enhancements were up to the water.
Soy is the modern day salt peter for the military, and much worse.

• Wow
Reactions: navychop
An egg mc muffin could be free and I still wouldn't eat that garbage. I do like their coffee though. I kind of like their sausage biscuit with egg. Unfortunately it contains enough sodium for an entire week.

Reactions: stardust3
It wasn't beef
It was mostly beef and when made fresh tasted great.
It was that slime stuff they used to sell at school cafeterias..beef left overs
Now that is vile, I must agree.
School cafeterias had soybean burgers. I know, mine did.
Mine in CA had real beef. I'm so old that slime hadn't been invented yet.
Several years ago I went into the local McDonalds to order an Egg McMuffin to NO suprise when I got to my order I found one that was about a third of the size of the original one, since then I haven't gone back try them any more ....
Yeah, I noticed that too. Now I supplement with a sausage burrito or two.
However, I Can go across the street to the Dunkin Donuts and order the same thing and I get one FULL SIZED and its Very good too !
Thanks. Maybe I'll have that today. I hate installing 23 sextillion apps on my phone. Everybody has an app and wants me to install it, even when they are useless other than telling the retailer who I am and what I'm up to. To save $3 for a dinky Egg McMuffin, I'd rather go to Dunkin'.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)