EHD and Upgrade from Hopper 2 to 3

Dish could fix the issue the same way DTV did.... Or they could go back to 2012 and charge everyone the $40 activation fee. Never understood people that get mad or make demands that Dish fix a free issue.
So you are saying that Dish should charge everyone $40 for a function that apparently does not work properly? Yeah, that is going to go over really well. :rolleyes:

Reactions: littlecloud319
I am saying that people demanding something they don't pay for be fixed as a priority is dumb. I get the frustration, but I like numbers.

So you are saying that Dish should charge everyone $40 for a function that apparently does not work properly? Yeah, that is going to go over really well. :rolleyes:
They don't anymore, I assume you're aware. So, your point was?

They don't anymore, I assume you're aware. So, your point was?
My point was that they shouldn't, especially if the functionality doesn't work properly anymore. If you read the post that I quoted, you would see that Chad was asking Dish to bring that fee back.
Dish could fix the issue the same way DTV did.... Or they could go back to 2012 and charge everyone the $40 activation fee. Never understood people that get mad or make demands that Dish fix a free issue.

My point was that they shouldn't, especially if the functionality doesn't work properly anymore. If you read the post that I quoted, you would see that Chad was asking Dish to bring that fee back.
Actually that is how you interpreted what Chad said. I read it more like if you added the fee back you would cause an uproar when things did not go well. His point is when something is free you don't have a leg to stand on when it doesn't work exactly like you think it should.

Actually that is how you interpreted what Chad said. I read it more like if you added the fee back you would cause an uproar when things did not go well. His point is when something is free you don't have a leg to stand on when it doesn't work exactly like you think it should.
Adding the fee back, in and of itself, would cause an uproar, whether things otherwise go well or not.

Adding the fee back, in and of itself, would cause an uproar, whether things otherwise go well or not.
It's a one time fee and those that have EHDs today would be grandfathered. Only newbies would be affected and they wouldn't know the difference.

His point is when something is free you don't have a leg to stand on when it doesn't work exactly like you think it should.
I disagree. Using that logic, the whole Dish software interface is 'free' (which it is not), and therefore we should not expect it to work as it should. Access to the EHD is part of the Dish software interface, and it should work correctly. The EHD function has been there for years and was working properly with previous versions of the Dish interface. Dish screwed up the EHD with their buggy and untested software releases, and we as customers have every right to expect it to work correctly.

Last edited:
It's a one time fee and those that have EHDs today would be grandfathered. Only newbies would be affected and they wouldn't know the difference.
I suppose bringing back the $40 fee would accomplish one thing. Those who already paid the fee the first time would feel validated, since they never received a refund when Dish stopped charging the fee.

I'm kind of jumping in here with a side question, but should we notify Dish when we connect an EHD? I did not. I have a 2 TB Seagate that I hooked up to my H2 over a year ago. It works fine, but when I log into my Dish account and go to equipment it says EHD is not activated.

I'm kind of jumping in here with a side question, but should we notify Dish when we connect an EHD? I did not. I have a 2 TB Seagate that I hooked up to my H2 over a year ago. It works fine, but when I log into my Dish account and go to equipment it says EHD is not activated.
There is no need to notify Dish since they stopped charging the activation fee. The listing under Equipment is there to accommodate ViP211 series and Wally EHD activations, since those models still require the $40 fee.
(Typed at the same time as n0qcu)

There is no need to notify Dish since they stopped charging the activation fee. The listing under Equipment is there to accommodate ViP211 series and Wally EHD activations, since those models still require the $40 fee.
(Typed at the same time as n0qcu)

Thanks for quick response guys!

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts