Ehd another one

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kali05

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 27, 2005
Ca
have a 722k and 1tb EHD im almost out of space my question is if i get ar 2tb ehd will i be able to swicth back n forth to view whats on 1tb drive.(only can use one drive at a time) know have to formate drive. will i be able to access that on 1tb drive? when i swicth back

have a 722k and 1tb EHD im almost out of space my question is if i get ar 2tb ehd will i be able to swicth back n forth to view whats on 1tb drive.(only can use one drive at a time) know have to formate drive. will i be able to access that on 1tb drive? when i swicth back
Yes.

Reactions: navychop
The maximum EHD's you can have connected at any one time is 3 and with three you can only have 7tb total. So for the few extra dollars the difference between a 2tb and 4tb is almost nothing. So, you can have 5tb with the ability to add a 3rd 2tb drive later for their max of 7tb.

I have a 6 and a 2tb drive for a total of 8tb usable, but cannot plug in a third unless I power down one of the existing ones and plug in another spare.

The maximum EHD's you can have connected at any one time is 3 and with three you can only have 7tb total. So for the few extra dollars the difference between a 2tb and 4tb is almost nothing. So, you can have 5tb with the ability to add a 3rd 2tb drive later for their max of 7tb.

I have a 6 and a 2tb drive for a total of 8tb usable, but cannot plug in a third unless I power down one of the existing ones and plug in another spare.
Apparently you missed the part about Kali05 having a 722k. Unless I missed a major announcement, ViP DVR's still only support 2TB maximum for each drive, and only one drive attached at a time.

When I had my old 722, I had 4 drives connected at the same time, I just used a powered USB switch that had individual power switches for each drive. I could turn on one at a time using the switches. Worked like a charm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)