EHD Archive Problem

Dave_Sat

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Bend, OR
I've got a bad feeling I just lost all of my recordings. I had a EHD hooked up to a 211k and it worked great. Moved it to my 711k last night, told it to archive everything, went to bed. This morning all shows are deleted off of the 711k and when I try to access the EHD I am told it needs to be reformatted to be used by Dish. Any suggestions?

You can not move an EHD from a 211 to a 722..... 211 EHDs only work on 211's. 722 EHDs work on 722s and Hoppers. The 722s are true DVRs while 211s are software made DVRs so they are not compatible with each other.

It was empty and I reformatted it when I connected it to the 722k. Then I archived shows from the 722k.

What did the system show when you went back to the EHD after reformatting it? Assuming it was actually reformatted try unplugging it, reset the receiver and plug it back in.

I don't remember what it showed after reformatting. I just know when I went to archive it started doing it and told me 5 hours to go (something like 40 episodes/movies) and I let it keep going. I haven't power cycled, but I did turn the receiver off and on again, as well as the EHD. I also attempted to plug it back in to the 211k just to see what might happen and got the same message to format.

If formatted to the 722, it will ask to reformat to the 211 as soon as you plug it in every time.

Can I assume you mean a 722k receiver? An EHD formatted on a 211k is not compatible with a 722K,
I don't remember what it showed after reformatting. I just know when I went to archive it started doing it and told me 5 hours to go (something like 40 episodes/movies) and I let it keep going. I haven't power cycled, but I did turn the receiver off and on again, as well as the EHD. I also attempted to plug it back in to the 211k just to see what might happen and got the same message to format.
And do you understand why?

If formatted to the 722, it will ask to reformat to the 211 as soon as you plug it in every time.
So the fact that I originally formatted it to a 211k means that the 722k reformat doesn't stick? Just to clarify these are the steps I took:
Formatted as EHD for 211k. Worked fine for years
Disconnected from 211k, moved the 722k, reformatted when prompted
Archived shows from 722k to EHD
Next morning when checking how the process performed shows are missing from DVR and when attempting to manage the shows on the EHD was told it needed to reformat.
Power Cycling does not seem to help, either for the receiver or the EHD.
Just as I was curious I plugged it back into the 211k and as expected it wanted to reformat it as I would hope it was formatted for the 722k, though I'm not really certain considering it's not recognized by the 722k either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)