EHD connection issues w/ 622 receiver

huffdaddyz400

Original poster
Apr 25, 2007
Hello all,

I have been having an issue with my external HDD for the past 2 weeks (it as maxtor 750gb one-touch). It was worked fine for the past year but last week or so I was transfering data from my 622 to the EHD overnight and at some point the connection failed. The next morning the "My Media" folder was gone and I could not access the drive. I rebooted the 622 (front panel) and the message appears that a USB drive was connected but when I tried to access it the 622 frooze (locked up). It did a hard reset (pulled the power cable) and it came back up fine and saw the drive. I could access the drive and the contents. It seemed to work for a few days but then while watching a live program a message popped up saying a media device was disconnected. This time I rebooted both the EHD and the 622. Everything seemed to work for a few days and then it lost connection again. When rebooted, again, the drive was found but it showed no content (over 500GB of programs were missing). I unplugged the EHD and let it sit for a few minutes and then powered it back on. This time it saw the drive and the content was all there. All seemed fine for a few days and then overnight it failed again.

I have called E* tech support 3 times and all with no help. The first gal knew nothing and was going by a troubleshooting script, the next guy had me do all the steps I already did, the next one said their engineering staff would look at it. It's been 2 weeks now and I am still at the same point (a flaky EHD).

Now, I have plugged the drive into a PC and it's shows up fine. The Maxtor tools programs see's it so it appears to be fine.

I did try a new drive and the 622 saw it and wanted to format it.

So...now what? Is this a drive issue or a 622 issue? Any ideas on what I should do to try to debug this?

I have three drives currently. They started not showing the contents when turned on and then the 622 would not recognize one of them at all.

I changed out the AC adapter that I powered them up with and everything was fine again.

Check your power brick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts