EHD content, post-construction

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lacruz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2005
My condo association is doing major work to our building in Spring of 2013. I have two dishes on the balcony and will have to take them down during the work, which is slated to take seven weeks. I plan on keeping my Dish account active during this time for a $5 fee per month, I think. My concern is that I have several EHDs full of recordings from both my 622 & my 612. After I reactivate my receivers, post-construction, will the receivers still recognize the EHDs, or will they try to reformat them, erasing all content? I read on here before that DVR content stops working after a couple of weeks if your receivers are not getting a signal from Dish. What about EHD content after seven weeks, after the account is placed on the $5 plan? Thanks in advance for all advice on this.

As long as the account remains the same the EHDs should work. Since you are not cancelling the account you have nothing to worry about.

The ehd's are turned on and kept live as a programming "Tier". So, with your dishes down for 7 weeks and your receivers not able to get Hits, they will most likely stop working after a period of time. However, after the account is re-activated and the receiver back in the stream, they should come back just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)