EHD DVR question

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
New Hopper and want to restore EHD recordings back to the DVR like I was able to do with my 622. Can you still do this or? Be in a world of hurt if your EHD was having problems and you needed to save what was on it. Thanks

Yes you can restore. I keep stuff on the EHDs because I think they're more reliable than the internal HDD

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yes on the older units, but I can't find on the Hopper where you can restore back to the DVR from your EHD. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Since you can't access your EHD through the sling adapter this would be beneficial Thanks

You can easily transfer back from the EHD back to the Hopper. It's in the same place that you transfer from the Hopper to the EHD. Menu, External Hard Drive..... You can do this from the Hopper or a Joey only...

Its Menu--->External Hard Drive. I recommend keeping the recordings on the EHD. There were some early reports of corrupted files when transferred to the Hopper. You can play them back just as if they were on the Hopper.

I just want to restore a few movies at a time when I travel and use the Sling adapter. Since you can't access remotely to your EHD through your Sling this would be nice

I would test that before you travel by restoring some to the Hopper to make sure that are not corrupt. I restored some and had no issues but there have been reports of corruption in the fourms.

It's not in the DVR Menu. Press the Menu button in the upper left corner, go down to the bottom row of tiles, and look for External Hard Drive. You will then need to select your "from" and "to" device, and then select the programs you want to transfer. It is quite a different process from the 622/722(k).

I think the shortest sequence (from viewing) is Yellow to be in the Menu, then 2 down and 2 left, select and pick your source and destination and OK, then select the programs or series to move.

It used to be 1 left but they added another item to the 3rd row and 2 left is still shorter than 3 right.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)