EHD Failure?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GRExpert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Grand Rapids, MI
A few days ago, the "MyMedia" folder disappeared from my program listing. That has happened a few times and I have just unplugged the Hard drive and plugged it back in and it normally works. This time it says an unsupported device was plugged in. I ignored for a few days. Last night I plugged the hard drive in and it says the hard drive needs to be reformatted to be compatible with the dish DVR. Does anyone have a tip to fix this without reformatting the hard drive and losing all of the shows/movies saved on the hard drive???

Tried unplugging the EHD both from USB on both ends of the USB cable, unplugging EHD power, unplugging receiver power, wait about 10 seconds, and hooking everything back up?

If that doesn't work, I'm afraid there's little else that can be done.

One possibility. This happened to me as described. Turns out it was a bad EHD power supply. I had two of the same enclosures, swapped the PS, and all was well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts