EHD Hopper 3 Issue

jdolotina

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Shreveport, LA
Originally I was with Dish and the original hopper. I had an EHD connected to the original hopper and stored probably 100+ programs. After moving to another house, I had LOS issues and had to move to Directv. Stuck with Direct for 18 months and moved over to the Hopper 3 now that I am in a different house. First thought was to hook the EHD back up to my Hopper 3. Installed the EHD today and got the attached message...

IMG_5069.jpg

Has anyone experienced this problem and know a workaround? I am guessing that my account information is different than what it was before I had Direct. So this Hopper thinks I am using "someone else's" EHD, but really it is mine. The only way I can use this drive is if I format the drive and lose all of the recordings from a few years back.

Yes, that is true. You have a different account now so the EHD from your previous account is no longer accessible. Once you close an account, the EHD contents go kaput. Your only option is to reformat and lose those recordings.

Reactions: jdolotina
Most likely it won't be possible, but do contact DIRT to see if there is any way to somehow reinstate your old account or to transfer the keys from your old account. It's a very long shot though, especially if you were gone for a long time...

Reactions: DWS44 and jdolotina

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts