EHD How Long to Format

I know that's the published max. Some people on these forums have suggested trying a 3TB drive since I already have it. So how long should a 2TB drive take?

I know that 1tb drive formats in under 30 minutes for 211/612/722

there must be a bug in the software mine has been formatting for 6 hours still.
I have used this very same drive and enclosed before on this same hopper and it formatted in 30 mins.
BUG

Can you do anything on the Hopper while it is formatting an EHD? The screen that shows formatting doesn't want to go into the background and it's impossible to watch anything behind it.

I've been waiting over 20 hours for it to complete. This is the primary client in the Master Bedroom so that's about as long as I can get the wife to wait. I may just not use this drive.

I've been waiting over 20 hours for it to complete. This is the primary client in the Master Bedroom so that's about as long as I can get the wife to wait. I may just not use this drive.
When I hooked a Western Digital drive to the from USB port of one of my Hoppers, I decided to unhook it after 2 hours of formatting. I connected it to my other Hopper and it formatted in under 5 minutes. Go figure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts