EHD problem with Hopper 3 on 9/15

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

odbrv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 21, 2004
Lubbock, Tx
On 9/15 I could not get 2 of my 3 EHDs to work correctly. I tried hard and soft reboots and a reset and nothing worked. On all previous days and today they are working perfectly. I have no idea nor does anyone I talked to at Dish have any idea why this happened.

!

Me too, my EHD "disappeared" on 9/14 and I still haven't gotten it back. I've had occasional losses of its use before this summer's software upgrade and only one since then (a recovery in that case was accomplished via unplugging the drive from the receiver and then plugging it back in the same port. This time nothing has yet to work. Frustrating! How do I know it is not the EHD that failed finally? I don't. I haven't called DISH because I'm sure they won't be of any help, just more frustration. Comments are welcome!

!

Me too, my EHD "disappeared" on 9/14 and I still haven't gotten it back. I've had occasional losses of its use before this summer's software upgrade and only one since then (a recovery in that case was accomplished via unplugging the drive from the receiver and then plugging it back in the same port. This time nothing has yet to work. Frustrating! How do I know it is not the EHD that failed finally? I don't. I haven't called DISH because I'm sure they won't be of any help, just more frustration. Comments are welcome!
Have you power rebooted Hopper, then connect the EHD?

Yes, both software reset and hard, pull the power cord, reset - but the EHD was plugged in both cases. Perhaps I should try: unplug EHD, hard reboot, plug the EHD back in ... check if Hopper finds it, if it doesn't do another hard reboot ---- but I have to wait for my roommate to be away before doing that much messing with their TV viewing, LOL. So, I guess those steps wait for Monday.

Have you power rebooted Hopper, then connect the EHD?

Yes, and also remove EHD USB cord from Hopper connection before power reboot.
Thanks for the input KAB. That did the trick and the EHD is visible and functioning again. Unplugged everything: USB cable from drive and hopper, hopper power cord to multiple outlet strip, multiple outlet strip from wall. Left the EHD & cable unconnected while the hopper recovered from the hard boot, then plugged the USB connectors back in and Voila! The drive appears! Now, I don't believe a person should have to go through all that and I blame DISH software for this, not the EHD. But, I laid out the steps I used in case it's a help to someone else.
Again, thanks KAB!

Reactions: pattykay and KAB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts