EHD Problem

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I just bought a WD My Passport Essential so I could transfer some things from my dying 722. It will not recognize that I have an EHD even connected. At first the format just failed and now it won't see it. Any ideas? Thanks

New problem. It now will go thru its formatting, reciever reboots, etc..... Now when you go in to try to transfer stuff it wants to format again and again. Strange. This 722 is starting to have problems and I wonder if there is a software glitch on the reciever. I didn't have this problem with my 622. Any ideas? Thanks

You are using the wrong type of external drive. Passport drives do not have an external power supply. The 722 usb port does not have enough power to run a non-powered external drive. You need to get an external drive that has its own power supply (like the Western Digital Elements for example).

You are using the wrong type of external drive. Passport drives do not have an external power supply. The 722 usb port does not have enough power to run a non-powered external drive. You need to get an external drive that has its own power supply (like the Western Digital Elements for example).

Thanks, I guess I never came across that requirement. The one I have on my 622 does have it's own power. Thanks again

Another option for non-powered drives is to use a powered USB hub which will power the drive, and still allow it to work on the DVR (at least know it works on my 622)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)