EHD question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dishcomm

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
suburbia
I have a friend that asked the following....
How do I save recordings from my 722k and have the ability to watch them on my computer?
I explained to him that he needed an external hard drive for his receiver. However, my thinking is that the data on the EHD cannot be viewed on his computer.
If I an incorrect on this point please point me down the right path.
In other words the how to's of this.
Thanks in advance

I asked DIRT about that and was told that that was a bug in the 722 line. I've asked them to bring back the "bug".
That is really funny! One thing that I missed after upgrading to the hopper was that I could not use Dish Anywhere to watch shows that I had transferred to my EHD. I thought it was strange that the hopper receiver had so many upgraded features but did not support something that I had been able to do for years with older receivers!

If that was really a bug, I am with you and would ask Dish to please re-introduce that bug to the hopper's firmware!

For some reason, before I posted that, I could have swore I saw somebody recommend the HWS. That was the intention of my post. Oh well. Yes you can see the recordings on a 722 with EHD on DA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)