EHD Transfer to Hopper

inazsully

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Sun City West, AZ
I have a EHD connected to my 722. My 722 is trying very hard to crap out on me. Dish says I need a new DVR. If I go with a Hopper will I be able to attach my current EHD without losing it's contents?

Yes. Just keep them on the EHD for a while. There's a bug they are working on that renders some recordings unwatchable when transferred TO the Hopper.

yaz96 said:
Is the premium channel bug still an issue on the Hopper with old EHD? (can't watch the HBO/etc. movies on the EHD)

Nope! At least not anymore for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Do you get charged another activation fee to switch your EHD to the hopper system?

I think the only reciever that has the activation fee is the 211/211k. (Dish has to make money that way since the 211 doesn't have the DVR fee on it.) If it's already a DVR then they don't charge the activation fee for the EHD.

Do you get charged another activation fee to switch your EHD to the hopper system?
There is no activation fee for an EHD anymore. The only activation fee is for turning a 211k into a DVR, and it's a one-time account-level $40 fee. Besides, EHDs used on the 211 can't be used on other receivers unless reformatted. Two different animals.

There is no activation fee for an EHD anymore. The only activation fee is for turning a 211k into a DVR, and it's a one-time account-level $40 fee. Besides, EHDs used on the 211 can't be used on other receivers unless reformatted. Two different animals.

Thanks, forgot that the EHD fee was only for a 211 and could not be used with the Hopper without a reformat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)