EHD vs Folders (SW Shortcoming IMHO)

ERSanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Fairport, NY
I have had my EHD (WD) for a year or so which I switch between two 722k's without problems.

An annoyance factor is that whatever folder we have created (like mine, hers and ours) get ignored when the recording goes into the the EHD. This completely scrambles the folder assignment into one homogeneous bunch.

Is Dish looking to fix this shortcoming?

I have been hoping to get folders in the EHD for a long time too. It's been talked about in the past, but I haven't seen anyone confirm that it will be coming for sure. As with all things Dish, I suppose we will get the response of "soon". It sure would be great to see! Especially with big hard drives.

I have folders on mine. All like titles, such as "Mentalist", "EPL Soccer", etc., are are in their own folder.

I think what the OP was referring to (at least I was) are the customizable folders that we can make on the DVR. For example, on the EHD, we would like to make a folder with the custom name "Kids" that we can assign specific programs to be sorted into (like you can on the DVR). It makes it a LOT easier to find something for the kids to watch on the EHD if you can look at all of their programs in one folder rather than mixed in with all of the other programs. It's much easier for the kids to use as well since they know it's theirs if it's in their folder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts