New Dish RSN Dispute- CSNCA

dak32

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
Near a Dish
csnca

Another dispute has caused another lost channel. This time CSNCA is gone. Was offered a one time $5.00 for my loss. Loyalty dept finally settled for $5.00 a month for twelve months.

Found this on my local paper's website: CSNCA dropped by Dish Network

I'm not at home to confirm at this time. This does not seem to bode well for other Comcast RSNs (if I recall correctly, Dish was negotiating with comcast for RSNs one at a time with CSNCA as the first one).

If dish loses CSN CHICAGO they will die fast. As for your contract with dish you maybe able to get out of it.

But If you like CSN CHICAGO get Directv and get it in HD 24/7 + add CSN + games in HD. As well as MY50 HD, WCIU HD, WYCC HD and more.

When RCN , WOW , Directv , Comcast , U-Verse all have CSN Chicago Dish will lose out big time.

Did an online chat about this with Dish and got nowhere. I am pissed as I can't watch the Sharks until this gets resolved. All they would offer me was a $5.00 credit, tried to get them to give me Center Ice until it gets resolved or just for a month and they refused. Went through retentions and the same thing, all they would offer was a $5 credit. So I setup a cancel date, and will now go with DirecTV. Very lame.

Without warning my timer for the sharks game didn't fire on ch 5409 and of course the the game was also on NHL network too but was blacked out for viewers out here. I guess no Kings games either. At least tonight's game is on TNT. Looks like the GS Warriors are next since they're on CSNBA.

No, they removed the SD version as well. According to local news here in the Bay Area, Dish and Comcast Sports California took this to arbitration, and Dish lost. Instead of following the arbitration ruling, DISH decide to go back negotiations, so Comcast ordered them to stop broadcasting the channel to their customers.

That's pretty much done it for me being a DISH customer, and that goes back 10 plus years now. I'm shopping for a new provider. I alreasy sent them a couple of e-mails telling them how I feel. :mad:

Well I just spoke to friend of mine who is an attorney and he believes the courts will allow us out of our contracts since Dish is not practicing good fate whatever that means.

If dish continues to go the way it us going will it be here un five years,

Well I just spoke to friend of mine who is an attorney and he believes the courts will allow us out of our contracts since Dish is not practicing good fate whatever that means.

I guess they forgot to read this tidbit on the terms and conditions

PROGRAMMING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANYTIME

Iceberg said:
I guess they forgot to read this tidbit on the terms and conditions

PROGRAMMING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANYTIME

I do not understand the legal stuff, but he claims that catch all phrase Is meaningless in courts. Dish has to meet a certain standard of programs. I am wondering if their is a suit against dish?

But selling you
varies.gif

And then pulling that is lot like bate and switch.

Let's hope this ends quickly and has CSN:philly included in the new deal...

You'll never see CSN Philly on a satellite service. It's not broadcast via satellite, but, unless they have changed and I missed it, they use the old PRISM microwave setup. I assume we get the occasional Flyers game broadcast on Center Ice because I believe those games are distributed via satellite from Toronto.

As I sit here watching the Flyers this afternoon, and reading about yet another Dish dispute (not to mention the fact that MSG & MSG+ are no longer in the program guide now....has Dish given up?) I am thinking seriously about going back to Comcast or DirecTV. This is getting crazy.

The walls are starting to crumble on that argument: Spectrum's walls to start tumbling | Philadelphia Inquirer | 11/23/2010.

If I remember correctly; the spectrum housed the microwave array that has been in use since the time of PRISM. That coupled with the access ruling from the FCC earlier this year. FCC Ruling Paves Way For Flyers Games, CSN To Reach Satellite TV - Broad Street Hockey.

Dish and Direct have both gone to the FCC over Comcast's reluctance in negotiating carriage for that channel. (as discussed on this forum (here)) It is VERY possible that it could be one of the reasons why both satcasters are having issues with Concast..

No More Sacramento Kings Games

I saw the notice in this morning's Sacramento Bee - Dish lost an arbitration suit against Comcast. Checked the channel, and there's a notice about it. I called Dish, and they offered me $5 off my monthly bill for every month they don't broadcast - better than nothing, but that's not the point. This is happening too often. Think I'll get a Roku and maybe cancel Dish if that works out. It would certainly be a lot cheaper - Hulu and Netflix are $8 a month each.

I saw the notice in this morning's Sacramento Bee - Dish lost an arbitration suit against Comcast. Checked the channel, and there's a notice about it. I called Dish, and they offered me $5 off my monthly bill for every month they don't broadcast - better than nothing, but that's not the point. This is happening too often. Think I'll get a Roku and maybe cancel Dish if that works out. It would certainly be a lot cheaper - Hulu and Netflix are $8 a month each.

Suggest before anyone does be sure to examine Netflix's new prices and what you can get.;)

http://blog.netflix.com/2010/11/new-plan-for-watching-instantly-plus.html

The more people subscribe,the price increases follow.:rolleyes:

My coworker is a major Sharks fan and he is extremely upset by this development. I would not be surprised if he churns within the next few days. If I could get all my local sports online, I'm confident I could survive on a combo of OTA, netflix, Hulu and other legal sources of video. The convenience of a paid service was having everything in one place; but with devices like google TV and integration on internet services into TVs, Bluray players and game consoles, that advantage is quickly fading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)