New Dish RSN Dispute- CSNCA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Except for hockey, I am a casual sports fan. I subscribe to Center Ice. Now that Dish has dropped MSG, I can no longer watch the Devils, Rangers, Islanders or Knicks. Since I have been a subscriber, I have never been able to watch the Yankees or Nets. No Yes network. I was able to live with that as I could watch the Mets. I will be gone from Dish in the spring as soon as my contract and subscription to Center Ice expires. I will probably switch to Direct as they broadcast all of the MSG games in HD and from what I understand most of the Center Ice games are also in HD. I look forward to being able to see all of my local teams again! Too bad Dish has left no alternative to the NY sports fan other than looking elsewhere.:(

With E* hemoraging subscribers and D* adding subs, it would seem to me E* is no position to be calling the shots.
These disputes cannot be helping E*'s bottom line.
Sports fans in NYC, CHI, SAN, PHI and DC are out in the cold with E* as the service no longer carries the RSN's out of those cities.
Those are very large markets to be surrendering. What's more, these are cities with several pay options. So it is not as though E* subs would be stuck going to just cable.
IMO this is bad business by E* mgmnt.

Well stated.

Except for hockey, I am a casual sports fan. I subscribe to Center Ice. Now that Dish has dropped MSG, I can no longer watch the Devils, Rangers, Islanders or Knicks. Since I have been a subscriber, I have never been able to watch the Yankees or Nets. No Yes network. I was able to live with that as I could watch the Mets. I will be gone from Dish in the spring as soon as my contract and subscription to Center Ice expires. I will probably switch to Direct as they broadcast all of the MSG games in HD and from what I understand most of the Center Ice games are also in HD. I look forward to being able to see all of my local teams again! Too bad Dish has left no alternative to the NY sports fan other than looking elsewhere.:(

+1...and I will get the MLB channel.

With E* hemoraging subscribers and D* adding subs, it would seem to me E* is no position to be calling the shots.
These disputes cannot be helping E*'s bottom line.

14 million customers and if they squeeze $1-2 bucks a month out of the RSN providers or drop the RSN is 14-28 million a month in extra profit... Quarter billion a year... Interesting Dish has been losing some subs but profits have been up the last year. Yes they raised receiver fees too, but each dollar saved from an RSN is big bucks, especially if you drop it all together and save 2-3 bucks per sub in the area. They do not seem to refund the customer for the lost channels.

Call Direct at NHL midseason, to see if you get can rebated for mid-season price of Center Ice. This gives DISH about another month to settle this with the other CSN's. I already signed up for the Black Friday special ($10/mo. off from $5 normal for 12 mos.) and only need to set an install date in January later on in Dec. - if D* rebates my NHL-CI. Otherwise in April I'll be with direct for baseball as E* has never gotten baseball back since 2007. DISH jettisoned MLB about 2 mos. after I signed up for it back then. Too bad, as I like the E* DVR's but am tired of the HD sports charade that E is pulling...

jeffmwknight said:
Any word on what's going on with this dispute?

Their still is a stalemate. It looks like comcast will be going to the courts to get dish to live up to it's promises of abiding to the arbitration. This will be another case dish will lose.

I was hoping that when the E!/Style (owned by Comcast) dispute was settled that this RSN wpuld be back too. Also that RSN for Phily would be added since that is also owned by Comcast.

Joe The Dragon said:
what about the other CSN's?

RSN HD

I know a few people who will drop dish and get directv if csn chicago is dropped.

Nothing is going to happen until FCC rules on Comcast/NBC merger

I'm an out of the area Sharks fan with NHL Center Ice. I don't even want CI anymore. Has anyone been able to get the second half refunded, or anything close? I know "programming subject to change" and "no refunds" but thought I'd see what people out there have been getting, if anything. Thanks.

DISH Network is pleased to announce that your Comcast SportsNet California channel has been restored. Our new agreement with Comcast ensures the continued carriage of this channel for years to come. We appreciate your patience during this time and regret the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Great news but what, if anything, does this mean for the other Comacast Regional SportsNets around the country such as the other one for Northern California-Comcast SportsNet Bay Area? Aren't they all out of contract?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts