Electronic store?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Deaver

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I'm a hands on guy, I have to see it before I buy it, especially when dealing online. I've searched 'local electronic stores' but have not found any that have FTA receivers in stock. They either don't know what I'm talking about or they say they can order one.

I'd like to know if anyone knows of a store that I can do some 'window shopping' in? Best Buy, Radio shack, etc... all in the area but none have them. I will be upgrading from a "hobbyist" to full time FTA viewer in the next 4-6 weeks and would really like to make an informed decsion about what equipment to get.

ps. I have visited the sponsor sites and read the reveiws here on Satelliteguys site, but I would still like to have a 'hands on' experience.

any ideas?

Well, you might PM our member ACRADIO, who lives far west of you , near Asheville . Probably if you're ever in the neighborhood, he would be willing to show you some stuff, but he's not a dealer, just a very accomplished guy with a lot of inventory ( especially dishes ) .

:)

For hands on, get a cheap coolsat from ebay (good tuner) or a pansat (~$25-35 shipped). Or buy a nice starter unit from a sponser (~$100-125) I got a Fortec Mercury II from Sadoun several years ago and it still works great. Then if all is well, move up to a more advanced (read more $$) model.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts