elevation for 129 in new england

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
can any one tell me what the elevation would be for 129 in ri? i want to get the hd pak but cant put two dishes on my condo so i figured maybe i could use a d1000. i have a perfectly clear los nothing even close.

ok let me rephrase i dont really want two dishes id rather get hd from 129 if i can with a d1000 even though those aernt used here

the elevation is not a problem its clear i really just dont want two dishes.

It appears that with Dish 1000 you CANNOT receive 129 in your location.

Last edited:
hmmmm, CT is clearly outside the footprint too.
so it seems the correct answer is . . . maybe

in the areas dish says it may not work, it will be at your own risk.

then again, areas they say it should work are at your own risk anyway :devil:

if it works in ct then there is a good shot it would work in ri i guess ill just have to try it and see what happens

The 129 satellite covers the NE, it is just too low an elevation to be practical. Low elevation leads to more rain fade since the signal has to go through a lot more atmosphere. Good visiblity to the SW and a larger dish can overcome this limitation. But, with the HD LiL on 61.5, and its superior elevation for the NE makes it the one to go with if you can see it.

i can get 61.5 no problem im just trying to avoid having two dishes plus im using a square shooter to get ota. i just dont want all these things on the roof. hopefully the d1000 will work.

well 129 will work in the ne area. im getting signal between 72 and 78 on all tps. i have not noticed it drop out once yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)