elliptical or round for Satellite 129

tetercreekcouple

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2009
WV 26250
Okay, I'm having problems with sat 129 at my cabin here in the mts of WV. I currently have an older dish 500 (taller than it is wide, I think it's about 21"T and 19" W) I have an I adapter and a single lnb. Not able to get a real lock on the signal. Now that the leaves are down, I have a clear line of sight so that's not an issue.My question is that since this dish was originally made to use with 2 lnb's, will the focal point really be focused with just using one lnb that is located in between where the 2 lnb's would have been? It would seem to me the the focal point would be off in this setup and maybe prevent me from getting a lock on the signal. Question 1, would I be better off to use a double lnb bracket and just one lnb and concentrate on getting it locked in on 129 on my old 500 dish or Question 2, Would I be better off to get a true round dish (20") and use the I bracket?

tetercreekcouple said:
Okay, I'm having problems with sat 129 at my cabin here in the mts of WV. I currently have an older dish 500 (taller than it is wide, I think it's about 21"T and 19" W) I have an I adapter and a single lnb. Not able to get a real lock on the signal. Now that the leaves are down, I have a clear line of sight so that's not an issue.My question is that since this dish was originally made to use with 2 lnb's, will the focal point really be focused with just using one lnb that is located in between where the 2 lnb's would have been? It would seem to me the the focal point would be off in this setup and maybe prevent me from getting a lock on the signal. Question 1, would I be better off to use a double lnb bracket and just one lnb and concentrate on getting it locked in on 129 on my old 500 dish or Question 2, Would I be better off to get a true round dish (20") and use the I bracket?

You can use the Y adapter, should not be an issue, they have been used in the past to pick up individual sats all the time. Or the i adapter works as well, sounds more like not a great peak job, try again. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts