Email- "Dish Outdoors" survey?

ggw2000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Out here somewhere
Received an email from dish outdoors this morning asking me to participate in a survey. This may have already been discussed but I don't remember. I have a HWS/SJ and a 211K on my account (that I use in our RV in summer). The email asks you to pick a choice to start survey and it is as follows:

Do you use a portable antenna to receive dish service? ( then the following 3 choices to click on to start)

1. Yes, this is the only way I receive Dish service.
2. Yes, and I also have a permanently mounted satellite antenna to receive Dish service at home or other fixed location.
3. NO

Trying to figure out what they are up to here (there's always a reason :). ). Any ideas on this email?

Gerry

Reactions: Tampa8
No idea, they knew my name, but the addresses in the links were not from Dish or Echostar.

The survey is legit according to Dish, and it asks no personal information or misleading questions. It took me all of 5 minutes to complete, including a suggestion in the remarks at the end that qualified RV'ers and truckers be allowed to make service address changes via their MyDish account online or on the app instead of contacting customer service each time. I'm not holding my breath though...

The survey is legit according to Dish, and it asks no personal information or misleading questions. It took me all of 5 minutes to complete, including a suggestion in the remarks at the end that qualified RV'ers and truckers be allowed to make service address changes via their MyDish account online or on the app instead of contacting customer service each time. I'm not holding my breath though...
You can exhale now. :)

Good job.

Reactions: NYDutch
It is still not clear whether we are supposed to be able to do this through the mydish website, or whether this feature is only for the app. I have not seen the feature on the website yet.
Well, if you see it on the app, and not on the website, then that might just be the answer. You are a qualified RV customer?

Reactions: NYDutch
It is still not clear whether we are supposed to be able to do this through the mydish website, or whether this feature is only for the app. I have not seen the feature on the website yet.

Yep, app only at this point. I am hoping the feature will eventually reach the website though, since I prefer using the full size keyboard on my laptop. It's kind of hard to touch type on the little phone keyboard... ;)

Reactions: pattykay
Well, if you see it on the app, and not on the website, then that might just be the answer. You are a qualified RV customer?
Yes, my account was flagged as a Dish Outdoors account a long time ago, although I have not used this account in the RV lately. I do not have the app, because my "smartphone" is a cheap TracFone that I only use for talk, text, and taking pictures. I would like to see this feature enabled on the website, for the same reason that NYDutch listed above.

Getting harder to find such phones in the carrier stores. We got one for my MiL and figured that was the last time we’d have such an option.

No matter. She’s started lusting after the bigger screen of my iPhone 6+. She’ll have to hold out until I upgrade in the fall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)