email from dish for free local hd upgrade.

DefDude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
N.W. Florida
got this in an e-mail today, not sure if this means an additional sat dish for 61.5.
"As a dishHDTM customer, all you have to do is give us a call at 1-888-290-3270 to get your FREE HD upgrade and start experiencing your favorite network programming as well as your hometown's news, sports and weather broadcasts in the great HD quality that you have grown to love!"

e-mail says free upgrade, but they dont tell you that you need a 24 month contract to qualify for that free upgrade ;)

I got the email about HD upgrade available, but I already have 61.5 and the HD pack with HD locals. Dish should know what I got, but they obviously don't.

CSR didn't mention additional commitment when she lined up free Dish for me to get 61.5 satellite to pick up HD locals.
Ummm... the free Dish for the 61.5 satellite didn't happen. The poor installer (very nice guy) got to my house. He said the work-order wasn't specific as to what he was there for. I told him. He called Dish. No go as the local aren't avail. yet. Despite the nice email from DISH that told me they were.

I just got 61.5 for my HD locals today. NO charge and NO commitment. They told me right off the bat it was free when I called.:)

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)