Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just FYI...

As of January 28, 2016 the Encore East/West package will be renamed “Encore Movies” and will include all six Encore Themed upgrades: Action, Black, Classics, Family, Suspense, and Westerns.

Just FYI...

As of January 28, 2016 the Encore East/West package will be renamed “Encore Movies” and will include all six Encore Themed upgrades: Action, Black, Classics, Family, Suspense, and Westerns.
Not sure I understand, are they just going to have 2 channels?
Or that's all they are doing is just renaming the package?

Not sure I understand, are they just going to have 2 channels?
Or that's all they are doing is just renaming the package?
I was wondering the same thing. Does it just have two channels now? Or, it could be, if I am not mistaken, you have to have Starz! to get Encore East in HD, so maybe it is adding Encore East in HD to the package? Wondering what exactly the change is.

I don't mind if they are going to have two channels as long as they are HD. Once in a while i am watching a movie on their only hd channel that's all. I am sorry but we are talking about 4k and it is year 2016. still pushing Sd channels? Waste of space imho

I was wondering the same thing. Does it just have two channels now? Or, it could be, if I am not mistaken, you have to have Starz! to get Encore East in HD, so maybe it is adding Encore East in HD to the package? Wondering what exactly the change is.
No stars for encore east hd..just to get encore east SD

I am also confused about what is changing as we once had the Encore Movie Pack a la carte.

Will MoviePlex (channel 377) still be in it?

Is the main Encore (channel 340) finally in it in an form (HD or SD)?

There seems to be a lot of confusion here as it is unclear as to what is happening :(. The only thing that I know is that I have AT200 and also have Starz.
I get Encore (HD) 340 in the guide. I just went to mydish.com and looked at my account. There is an option there to buy Encore Movies for $6 a month. I don't know if that was there prior to today or not.. Maybe this is what Scott is talking about? I have no idea! There is only 1 HD channel and all the rest are in SD for $6- what a deal ;).
Gerry