Encore - HD - Information Needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cmercer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
I need some information before I move my Starz pack to VOOM. I have to give up the Westerns channel to get the HD channels (ouch!).

What per centage of the Encore HD movies are being shown in HD?

On Encore HD, do they advertise when you can see the movie again or see another movie over the credits like they used to on Encore? I haven't watched it lately for this reason.

Same questions for Starz.

It seems like encore hd is presenting more movies in HD than starz-hd! Don't know a percentage as it is a new channel. You can always look at zap2it as well to get information about which movies will be shown again.

Information still needed

On Encore, they talk over the credits like a network channel to advertise something else or the same movie playing again. I like to watch the credits until the end and see the whole movie uninterrupted. Do they do this on EncoreHD? I am hoping they do not. Before I move to Voom with the Starz package I would like the answer to this question. (The other channels in the Starz pack do not do this.)

cmercer said:
On Encore, they talk over the credits like a network channel to advertise something else or the same movie playing again. I like to watch the credits until the end and see the whole movie uninterrupted. Do they do this on EncoreHD? I am hoping they do not. Before I move to Voom with the Starz package I would like the answer to this question. (The other channels in the Starz pack do not do this.)

...mmmmmm Yes/No. I think I have seen this in some movies and have not seen this in other movies. Tough call, as I do not think Encore-HD would display the credits all the time without interruption.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)