Encore HD multiplex to be added November 12th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Did someone check if this posters has the same ISP Ip address as SamsungHD... ?
I've asked that before about another possible Samsung. I'm not sure why they just can't block his IP address. DBS talk don't seem to have any trouble blocking peoples IP adresses. Me and quite a few others know that first hand.:D

I've asked that before about another possible Samsung. I'm not sure why they just can't block his IP address. DBS talk don't seem to have any trouble blocking peoples IP adresses. Me and quite a few others know that first hand.:D

I though I remember a mod saying they did block the IP address. Of course you can spoof your IP address or if you reset you cable modem you might get a different IP address. Or if your home IP address is banned, you can always use your work computer. There are ways to get around IP bans.

I didn't realize this was DBSTALK!! I say let him speak his mind!! Besides the OWNER posts lots of rumours that never seem to come true

I have to agree, Sherlock wouldn't have much trouble sniffing this one out. Though we could all be wrong. Wow, talk about red flags or it it just one incredible, unthinkable, coinkydink?

Well, I think what's been done in the past is that the poster that says they work for one of the DBS companies PM's Scott some info to help prove if they do or don't actually work there and then Scott lets us know if bogus or good.

Frankly, I just want for Wednesday mornings to see what if anything is new.

Remember folks, if its labeled as a rumor then its a rumor. :)

That means don't bet the house on it. :D

Also remember for this rumor that Liberty Media owns Starz/Encore and also owns DirecTV so this may have some teeth.

With that said though don't expect a lot of new HD when the new satellite is turned on. While they will add some national HD, the majority of the space will be used for LIL HD. Because it will be awhile before DirecTV launches a new satellite DirecTV has to carefully select the HD they carry, because if they fill up all the space out of the gate its going to be awhile before they add any new HD after that.

Remember folks, if its labeled as a rumor then its a rumor. :)

That means don't bet the house on it. :D

Also remember for this rumor that Liberty Media owns Starz/Encore and also owns DirecTV so this may have some teeth.

With that said though don't expect a lot of new HD when the new satellite is turned on. While they will add some national HD, the majority of the space will be used for LIL HD. Because it will be awhile before DirecTV launches a new satellite DirecTV has to carefully select the HD they carry, because if they fill up all the space out of the gate its going to be awhile before they add any new HD after that.

Around 50 national hd. Most will probably be the premiums. HBO has or will have 26 hd and Showtime will have 20 or so by early next year.

Well, we're not deleting it, you all can judge for yourself. Given the recent history, I don't object to the doubt any of the many posts raise.

Personally, I find it odd that Encore would launch that much HD, but it could happen. Startz has been the leader in HD channels amonst the movie providers, and they operate Encore too.

D11 gives 50 new national HD slots. We know that 8 will be MPEG4 feeds of existing channels, 5 or so will be HBO, some will be needed for NFL, some part-time RSNs are going 24 hours.

I'm thinking D* will be very careful to add new HD, and control how much they add given the timeline for D12 being 1 year +.

Ok let's have at least ONE good thing come out of this thread...

I've been wondering this and have felt stupid to have to ask, but what does LIL HD mean, or whenever someone says LIL? What is that in reference to?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts