Encore HD Severe Macro-Blocking Every Few Minutes

Carl B

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2003
Arvada, CO
Wife says she has seen this over the past few days, but I just picked up on it Friday night. Now I see it every time we tune in the Encore HD channel, Channel #9595 or 340. Viewing off of a Dish ViP 722 (less than 2 months old, but a refurb of course) on a Dish 1000.2 system. Signal strength is 60 to 65 (about as good as it gets on this system).

This channel is shown to be on the 110 Sat on my screen, though I thought it was on 129 some time back. When I go to setup I see that this channel is on transponder 19 on the 110 Sat.

I've run check switch with no problems reported.

In checking other HD channels that are supposedly on transponder 19 on Sat 110 (152, 239, 351, and 352), the only other one on which I see the same problem is 352.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Time to start up the DHPP?

I really dread calling Dish and having some door nail ask me if I have all the wires properly connected.

Wife says she has seen this over the past few days, but I just picked up on it Friday night. Now I see it every time we tune in the Encore HD channel, Channel #9595 or 340. Viewing off of a Dish ViP 722 (less than 2 months old, but a refurb of course) on a Dish 1000.2 system. Signal strength is 60 to 65 (about as good as it gets on this system).

This channel is shown to be on the 110 Sat on my screen, though I thought it was on 129 some time back. When I go to setup I see that this channel is on transponder 19 on the 110 Sat.

I've run check switch with no problems reported.

In checking other HD channels that are supposedly on transponder 19 on Sat 110 (152, 239, 351, and 352), the only other one on which I see the same problem is 352.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Time to start up the DHPP?

I really dread calling Dish and having some door nail ask me if I have all the wires properly connected.

I noticed this late last night watching some movie on Encore. I'm sure it will correct itself eventually.

What did Dish say? I assume that you called or e-mailed to complain.

Regards, Eric

I have to be ready for mind numbing agony before I phone for Dish technical support (I'm a 10 year subscriber and I have several stories of their phone support supidity). I did email Dish technical support, but haven't received an answer yet. In their defense, I emailed them Saturday and I'm sure they have minimal or no support staff working until Monday morning, so maybe I'll hear from them today. Remember, I didn't realize there was a problem until last Friday night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)