Encore Movies for $5

vdog16

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2010
Washington DC
I have the Top 250 package and seem to already have several Encore movie channels. Does the Encore $5 add-on offer additional channels? If so which ones and are they worth it?

Thanks... It is very strange to me that when I go to "Change Programming" online, I have the ability to select Encore Movies for $5. Everything else I already subscribe to (Epix 3, Outdoor Channel, etc.) is grayed out and not available for selection.

Encore HD is available in the Top 250, but not Encore SD. You can pay the $5.00 if you want to enable Encore SD, but who wants to spend money for a SD channel.

Encore HD is available in the Top 250, but not Encore SD. You can pay the $5.00 if you want to enable Encore SD, but who wants to spend money for a SD channel.

+1
I think they should just add the SD feed as well to Top 250 unless there is some contract issue or fee increase that would occur from doing this. I do not get the point of them not including the SD feed. If anything, it confuses everyone.

The Encore channels are still part of the AT250 package. For those that do not have AT250, they may want to add the Encore channels for $5 per month.

so if i have at200 and add $5 encore, do i only get SD?

From what I understand, with the $5 Encore Movie Pack, you do not receive Channels 340 Encore (East) [which is also available in only HD with America's Top 250 with HD or/and in SD and HD with the $13/month Starz premium package (but with other Starz and without the other Encore channels unless you have America's Top 250] or/and Channel 347 Encore WAM.

However, from what I understand, with the $5 Encore Movie Pack, you receive Channels 341 Encore (West) [so basically what is on Channel 340 is shown three hours later], 342 Encore Westerns, 343 Encore Action, 344 Encore Mystery, 345 Encore Drama, and 346 Encore Love.

I hope that helps.

From what I understand, with the $5 Encore Movie Pack, you do not receive Channels 340 Encore (East) [which is also available in only HD with America's Top 250 with HD or/and in SD and HD with the $13/month Starz premium package (but with other Starz and without the other Encore channels unless you have America's Top 250] or/and Channel 347 Encore WAM.

However, from what I understand, with the $5 Encore Movie Pack, you receive Channels 341 Encore (West) [so basically what is on Channel 340 is shown three hours later], 342 Encore Westerns, 343 Encore Action, 344 Encore Mystery, 345 Encore Drama, and 346 Encore Love.

I hope that helps.

forgive my ignorance, but are the channels you list in your 2nd paragraph HD or SD if i have AT200 w/HD and buy the $5 encore pack?

They are SD. There is only one HD Encore channel and that is the east feed which is only included in the Top 250 or the Starz premium package.

Encore Movie Pack = $5 add-on to AT200 and AT100 and includes all the Encore channels EXCEPT for Encore East. (all SD)
---I do not know for sure, but I do not think Encore East HD is included in this package

Encore Movie Pack is INCLUDED in AT250. Encore East HD is included in AT250. Encore East SD is NOT included in AT250

Encore East HD and SD are part of the Starz movie pack. The rest of the Encore channels are NOT part of the the Starz/Encore package.

Hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)