Encore/Starz theme channels ala carte.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
Has anyone been able to subscribe to The Encore/starz theme channels ala Carte(Mystery,western,love,Drama ,Wam,Encore).
as it is now in order to get these channels I would have to change my package to AT 250 (From Dish absolute)which would be a big price increase.I am asking on this site to see if anyone has been able to do this.Also emailed Dish and see what they say.Even when you pay for a Starz subscription you dont get all these channels included other than Encore.

Trying but not working

The tab for "additional programming" is at the bottom of the page. :)
Ive have tried doing that and it doesnt take me to where you say it should.Keeps telling me I need to call them .I can see all my accont info with no proble ,just wont take me to anyway of changing programming or an ala carte section.Its really no big thing just wanted to know if others have been able to do this.

Sorry Andy. I just checked and I can navigate all the way to the final order confirmation tab. Maybe having Starz helps? Do you have Starz? If yes, then it's a bug in your browser maybe.

Possibly

Sorry Andy. I just checked and I can navigate all the way to the final order confirmation tab. Maybe having Starz helps? Do you have Starz? If yes, then it's a bug in your browser maybe.
Yeah possibly although I did had Starz about a month ago and wasnt able to do it either.Ever since I have been on Dish Absolute I somehow seem to be locked out of being able to make changes unless I call or IM Dishnetwork.I am going to try and turn off Firewall and see what happens.

Ive have tried doing that and it doesnt take me to where you say it should.Keeps telling me I need to call them .I can see all my accont info with no proble ,just wont take me to anyway of changing programming or an ala carte section.Its really no big thing just wanted to know if others have been able to do this.

Do you have the 1 year of Cinemax for a penny deal? Everyone who has this is unable to make programming changes online and has to call customer service. You should also be able to do it via the customer service online chat on the Dish web site.

No problem going ahead and calling,doing it by PC would of been easier .But mostly I wanted to know if this suites of channels was even offered.Now I know they are,Dishnetwork is kind of making more money with this than Directv is,when I had Directv and starz all those encore channels were included together at thier premium price.I am wonering if dish will offer a deal if you order Starz and the encore pac together(I honestly dought it but never hurts to ask)..

Ive have tried doing that and it doesnt take me to where you say it should.Keeps telling me I need to call them .I can see all my accont info with no proble ,just wont take me to anyway of changing programming or an ala carte section.
Same here. Any attempt to add programming results in the following error message:
We cannot process your request to change your programming package. Please call 1-888-884-2741 to make these programming changes to your account.
It's been doing this for months. Does anybody know what's going on with the Dish website?

I emailed them and had encore Movie pack added ,although a bit dissapointed that all the channels I thought I was going to get are not included.(EWAM and Encore HD are Missing)but for 4.99 what can I expect.

Same here. Any attempt to add programming results in the following error message: It's been doing this for months. Does anybody know what's going on with the Dish website?

As I said above...everyone who has the 1 year of Cinemax for penny deal gets this error message and is unable to make programming changes on the web site while logged in to their account. You either have to call in to make changes or use the customer service chat feature on the web site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)