Encrypted VoIP and SMS on Android

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
The next frontier in the never ending cat-n-mouse encryption game between what some will see as criminals vs. police
while others - as privacy advocates vs. the state: an Android VoIP app that encrypts communication. Unlike other similar products,
this is open sourced and based on the work of a person that knows a thing or two about encryption - Phil Zimmerman, aka "father" of PGP...
Android App Aims to Allow Wiretap-Proof Cell Phone Calls

And also and accompanying encrypted SMS app. Both free, at least so far...

iPhone might get those as well. If St. Jobs allows it, that is...

Diogen.

It is silly to talk on a cell phone, or any other phone and assume you have 100% privacy. If you are up to no good, you should avoid phones.

I like the idea, although I doubt I would ever use it.
As a security/privacy guy, I'll probably give it a try but my personal life is so boring I can't see what value this product will add to my life...perhaps if I were selling drugs or calling/texting cocktail waitresses? I betcha Tiger Woods will be downloading these apps as soon as they are available.

Anyway, I see these apps having some business potential...especially when discussing trade secrets, company sensitive or intellectually property matters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)