Ends on RG6 cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Camplate

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 28, 2004
I bought a roll of RG6. I always used crimp connectors before but saw the twist on types and liked the look.

After two hours I cannot get them on. The diagram shows bending the braid back over the outer coating, then twist the connector on but it is not working. The connector goes back but won't bite on the briaded wire, which becomes shreaded quickly. Everything seems the right length, using a RG6 cable stripper. I tried cutting the braid away, the connector started to bite into the outer coting, but stopped because it wasn't fully covered; like trying to get a bicycle tire onto a rim, the last bit is the toughest.

Any ideas? Go back to crimps? Cannot believe it'd be this hard.

One of those little "gotchas" that the vendors never tell you is that the connectors must match the cable. Is it RG-6 60% braid, 90% braid, tri-shield or quad shield cable? There is no such thing as a "one size fits all" connector (although I've seen some "one size fits none" connectors). No offense, but I'd be willing to bet that in the past you've over or under crimped the connectors to make them fit. :no

I understand the comment, I've seen bad crimps including the ones in my house from previous owner and even cable installer. The last time I did this, there were not so many choices. Everything was RG6 and form fit crimpers.

At the box store, nothing was labeled right. The cable is not Quad, either 60 or 90, would say 60. The connectors do not have a preference, but they are not for Quad shield, since there were other connectors labeled for that.

Nevermind. One line on the connector pakage, that included the screw on tool, says the connectors are for RG-59.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)