Samsung BD-P1500 review - Engadget HD
- Dolby Digital Plus and TrueHD decoding.
- Dolby Digital Plus and TrueHD encoding to DTS via S/PDIF works great for those without HDMI audio.
- Player bitstreams all codecs.
- Passed both the video resolution and film resolution loss test on the HQV test disc. (Player set to 1080p60)
- Same great menus and scrub bar as the BD-UP5000.
- Resume works on some discs.
- At 6 seconds, it has the fastest eject from off of any player we've tested.
- Component and HDMI will both output at the same time, unless resolution is set to to 1080p24. If it is set to 1080p60, then component runs at 1080i60.
- Bonus View works as advertised.
- Best looking Samsung Blu-ray player yet.
- Perfect picture and audio quality -- including 24p.
- We wish it had a native resolution setting like Pioneer & Sony's Source Direct feature.
- Only way to change the resolution is to stop the disc.
- Only way to make the scrub bar show up is to hit pause.
- Still don't like the non-backlit remote.
- Load times aren't stellar; 34 seconds to load a disc, 47 seconds if the player is off.
- No coax digital output.
- No discrete analog out -- first Samsung BD player without them.
- No DTS-HD MA support until firmware update.
- No BD Live until firmware update.
- Resume doesn't work on some discs (BD-J limitation).