English Ku and C list?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freezy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Land of Sky Blue Water
Back when that Sat etailer that rhymes with Brigadoon, had one of these it was pretty nice. I know it would be lots of work, What would it take to also have a list of the extended itc English channels in the WUT section?

Totally agree... Some of the channels on that list are now gone.

It's a really bad idea to list anything from the three letter network beginning with an "F" and ending with an "X".

I tire of such comments. Once information is public on the Internet, whether hidden or not since there is no such thing as hiding information on the Internet, word spreads rapidly among those who are interested in that news. Encryption exists and is used any time that a channel is deemed not to be made available for free to the public. Stations are in control. Not talking about something doesn't make it not exist. Anything on the Internet is already in the open.

I guess if they are going to forgo encryption, they very likely are already aware of it. Do we think they google themselves to make sure their encryption is on. Do they have to pay a license fee for each use? Or is this one of those things that big providers sue programmers for giving away what they have to pay for? So its the Dineshtworks and DirectionTV driving the crappification of FTA

I suspect the number of hobbyist FTAers in the big picture is so small that companies like DN or their providers aren't worried about FTA. How many do you think actively pursue FTA these days in North America? Of those, how many chase ITC channels from DN? I'll bet the total numbers are insignificant compared with the size of the paying audience, and there's no reason to think that FTA hobbyists would become paying customers anyway even if FTA didn't exist. I wouldn't. That's the point: the business model of expensive satellite TV is being eroded by legal alternatives like streaming video via Internet and even quality HD OTA (simpler for anybody in city apartments than FTA).

If someone uplinks an unencrypted signal then it means they don't care who watches it and it's true that in North America not many people are watching it. Parties who might not like it are ones that might lose money because of it, like pay TV providers. Advertisers don't mind it because for them more viewers is always better.

newest_speed_logo.png

False argument. That debacle consisted of some raging :censored:hole being a raging :censored:hole on said channel's own website.

Hmm, some of those channels shuld not be lsted in the open like that...

Totally agree... Some of the channels on that list are now gone.

It's a really bad idea to list anything from the three letter network beginning with an "F" and ending with an "X".

thats what I'm saying...it should be under something like our WUT section. cool link thanks

Well fellas,

Don't get too excited about what is exposed here in this LIST. The satellite providers know doggone well that we FTA people are out here and they know what channels they leave ITC. They know it and we know it and no one is fooling anyone. They don't just accidentally "forget" to encrypt a channel or a feed. They know very well that we are viewing their stuff. They simply just don't care enough to encrypt everything just yet because there isn't enough cause to do so. There are only a few people who do this (small percentage) and the programs that are ITC aren't what most people would scramble to get.

Certainly if DN or DirecTV had all their channels ITC, no one would pay for anything and everyone would rush to buy FTA equipment. I would, and I don't even like TV. But, offer something for free and I'd be game. Wouldn't you? Sure you would, no one passes up a freebie.
But, we are all honest folk here. Even if we found a wallet on the sidewalk with one dollar or $5,000 inside we would return it. If anyone disagrees with that, then you do not belong here. Even if the wallet was empty of money, you must know that the ID inside is important to the owner. I would go out of my way to find the owner to return it because I know how much of a hassle it is to replace.

However, when it comes to FTA channels, we know what is ITC and what is encrypted. SO do they! Obviously they don't want to advertise everything to the entire world, but they know all about our FTA community and they aren't extremely concerned about everything that we are doing. If they were, everything would be encrypted already. Sure, they are taking away more and more FTA channels, but not because we discuss them here. They would encrypt them all if they were worried about it. And they know that we are here just as well as we know that they have signals that are ITC.

My opinion is that too many of you worry too much about this scenario. Don't think about this that hard, it's one thing to post what we find and it is another thing to gloat or brag about it all. Don't gloat or brag and we will be fine for as long as they allow it to last, and it will last for quite a long time, for some channels anyway. Don't fret so much, just enjoy the ride while it lasts. When it is gone, we will just have to move on to some other related hobby.

RADAR

toucan-man,

I suspect the reason for the WUT section in those cases is less because people at the source know or don't know about them being in the clear and more because there are certain people out there who complain about free feeds like that when they find out they exist. I remember seeing a discussion here a while back where someone said they were going to call up a station that had an ITC feed up to complain about and I think it should be pretty obvious what happened next.

- Trip

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts