Enjoy SatelliteGuys Anywhere by Using TapaTalk!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Most everyone knows that SatelliteGuys offers a wide variety of PDA modes which would on most cell phones and PDA's.

And while those PDA modes are good they are not great. The PDA modes make it hard to do things you normal do on the site including reply to messages, check and send private messages and post photos from your device.

For the past 2 months I have been testing out a new program called TapaTalk which gives you a true SatelliteGuys expericance. Posting is a pleasure using TapaTalk. Threads are easy to read and reply to, you can check and send Private messages, post photos directly from your phone and more.

For the iPhone there are two versions of the program available a "lite" version which only lets you read posts but not reply, and a full version which gives you all the features. I should note the full version costs money and I should also note that SatelliteGuys.US does not make any money from the sale or use of this program. I recommend it because it gives you the true SatelliteGuys experiance no matter where you are.

If your an Andriod user I am proud to let you know that there is an Android version available as well.

There are also versions coming for Nokia and Blackberry devices as well.

TapaTalk has quickly became on of my favorite apps on my iPhone and once you use it you will see why.

To learn more about TapaTalk or for download links please see Tapatalk - Online Community at your fingertips!

Below are a few photos of TapaTalk from my iPhone. :)

I notice looking at our stats we already have a number of TapaTalk users accessing SatelliteGuys via TapaTalk, feel free to leave your feedback on this program!

Attachments

• IMG_0600[1].PNG
    IMG_0600[1].PNG
    10.3 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0601[1].PNG
    IMG_0601[1].PNG
    24 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0602[1].PNG
    IMG_0602[1].PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0603[1].PNG
    IMG_0603[1].PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 190
Been using it for a few days now and I love it. Other than taking away my beauty sleep it is great.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The next version will turn off the tagline, which will be nice. :)

I use that Tapatalk program a lot. :)

I'm quite annoyed at the nag message that comes up anytime I start a new connection session to Satelliteguys.us in Safari on my iPod Touch.
I thought it might set a 24 hr cookie but the next day it nagged me 3 times while surfing the forum. Can't replicate it yet. Just nags me when it feels like doing so.
Quite a turn off after the first few times. Kills what's left of my interest to surf satelliteguys on my Touch.
Doesn't go away when you install the RO app.
Between the piggybank and the Nag screen, I'm tempted to NOT buy the App for how troublesome it makes surfing SatGuys in Safari.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Pretty cool. I really like this so far.

Scott, I did send you a PM regarding this.

Trying it out tonight, what's with the bookmark feature? It has one entry for me, from the best I can tell, sometime Jun 20th, 2007.

SatelliteGuys is also now proud to offer BerryBlab suppoprt for our friends who use Blackberrys!

For more information on BerryBlab visit berryblab.com!

Are there themes available for the Android version ? Seems I recall seeing something in the market... The whole app is a bit too "dark" for me, not like the iPhone version at all.

Tapatalk on Android (beta) is now saying that this version will also become "read only" like the iPhone version when it gets out of beta.

There are two versions...

Read only is FREE and you can see what the program is like.

The other one costs a few bucks, but allows you to do things like reply to posts, send private messages and even post pictures to threads.

SatelliteGuys is also now proud to offer BerryBlab suppoprt for our friends who use Blackberrys!

For more information on BerryBlab visit berryblab.com!
Thanks scott. Just downloaded it and it works well. Hopefully the tapatalk version comes out soon.

We are gonna look into adding support for this at sonic as well.:up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)