Enough pixels already?

The article is all fine and well except that I've seen a Sony 4K IRL at a Bestbuy earlier this year and the improved picture quality WAS noticeable. And, while I don't wear glasses or corrective lenses, I don't think my vision is outside of the normal human range.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I think there may eventually be a time where resolution on these smaller screens will get to the point to where there will be no noticeable difference. At that point, they will need to do other upgrades to entice new users such as thinner more portable screens, extended battery life, more speed, more functionality, etc.

I seen a project not long ago where they want to have different parts of a phone/tablet independent from themselves such as the screen, processor, memory, etc. and have them easily exchangeable. This means that if you only want to upgrade the processor then you can disconnect a block (like a lego) and connect the new piece in and your ready to go, keeping all the other components, instead of replacing the entire device.

I think there may eventually be a time where resolution on these smaller screens will get to the point to where there will be no noticeable difference. At that point, they will need to do other upgrades to entice new users such as thinner more portable screens, extended battery life, more speed, more functionality, etc.

I seen a project not long ago where they want to have different parts of a phone/tablet independent from themselves such as the screen, processor, memory, etc. and have them easily exchangeable. This means that if you only want to upgrade the processor then you can disconnect a block (like a lego) and connect the new piece in and your ready to go, keeping all the other components, instead of replacing the entire device.

I saw that phone concept, but as someone stated in comments related to the article I read: 1) good luck getting manufacturers of these components to agree on standards that will allow for plug and play quick swap interoperability and 2) a modular phone will likely always be heavier and bulkier than rival integrated phones.

Nevertheless, an interesting concept. I'm just not sure a phone is going to be the right form factor for its successful implementation.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Need to add videos to iTunes library

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)