Ensuring the "HD for life" thing?

indestructible

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Ohio
Okay, here's my situation. I've had Dish for 10+ years. Last year, I decided I wanted to finally upgrade my equipment and get HD programming, so I got that taken care of; I didn't opt to do autopay/ paperless billing at the time, because I was taking the Dish America package, which included HD for many channels at no extra fee, anyway.

Now I'm pondering on switching to AT120. It appears I can simply do this by logging into my account on the Dish site and making the changes via My Programming. Yesterday, I logged into my account and turned autopay on and paper billing off. However, I haven't actually changed my package, yet, and I'm wondering how I know if I'm "locked in" to the free HD bit? If I go to My Programming and select AT120, it opens up the option to add the $10 HD add on, but I don't want to pay extra for the HD if I qualify for getting it free, yanno?

If you were first signed up on DISH America, chances are you have not been signed up for HDFFL since DISH America includes HD channels without the HD add on.

You would need to add it by either adding autopay and paperless (a new 24 month commitment may be required), or by paying a one time $99 fee.

That's what I'm saying; I currently have Dish America and I HAD autopay off and paper billing on.

But yesterday, I turned autopay on and paper billing off. I haven't changed my package to AT120 yet, though.

So, I'm wondering if I'll automatically get HD for free when I switch my package, or if there's an extra "hurdle" there, or what?

There should be no other hurdles. In MyDish the programming section there is a check off for Free HD. If it's greyed out after you chose your package you will need to call, otherwise the system knows you are eligible. You will know because before you click submit you can see exactly what you are being charged for.

That's what I'm saying; I currently have Dish America and I HAD autopay off and paper billing on.

But yesterday, I turned autopay on and paper billing off. I haven't changed my package to AT120 yet, though.

So, I'm wondering if I'll automatically get HD for free when I switch my package, or if there's an extra "hurdle" there, or what?

If you send me a PM with your phone/account number, I can get you more details.

There should be no other hurdles. In MyDish the programming section there is a check off for Free HD. If it's greyed out after you chose your package you will need to call, otherwise the system knows you are eligible. You will know because before you click submit you can see exactly what you are being charged for.

There's nothing at all that says "Free HD", not even anything greyed out. Under the HD heading, it just says "HD Add-On" for $10 and Epix for $7.

With my current selection of Dish America, the HD Add-On is greyed out. If I tick the AT120 box instead, the HD Add-On box becomes clickable (while Epix becomes greyed out).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)