Enter To Win a Denon BD Player

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
SInce there are threads for entering at Amazon, etc. I don't think this violates anything. If it does, then mods please remove.

Anyways.....

Denon is doing a sweepstakes for a free Denon BD player. Many won't be willing to pay the MSRP, but for free what the heck.

DENON Blu-Ray

S~

jayn_j

Press On Regardless
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
No Problem. Just a reminder, this is for a 3800.

S~

Thanks for the link. Looking at this, I wonder why anyone would pay an additional $1k for the 3800.

From what I can see, the 2500 is a 3800 less the analog section. I see two classes of users here. The first is feeding it into a high quality audio system, such as a Denon 3808. They likely would never use the analog section at all, so why spend the extra $$?

The second class will be feeding into a TV or low end integrated system. I don't see them paying $2k for a player. They will buy the $500 Sony, or whatever comes bundled with their new set.

Don't get me wrong, I am definitely sold on Denon quality and own several components. However, I either don't see their product logic or I am missing something basic here.

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Thanks for the link. Looking at this, I wonder why anyone would pay an additional $1k for the 3800.

From what I can see, the 2500 is a 3800 less the analog section. I see two classes of users here. The first is feeding it into a high quality audio system, such as a Denon 3808. They likely would never use the analog section at all, so why spend the extra $$?

The second class will be feeding into a TV or low end integrated system. I don't see them paying $2k for a player. They will buy the $500 Sony, or whatever comes bundled with their new set.

Don't get me wrong, I am definitely sold on Denon quality and own several components. However, I either don't see their product logic or I am missing something basic here.

The 3800 has the Realta HQV chipset for upconversion. Same chipset used in the 3930 and 5910. The 2500 has none.

S~

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts