Enter to Win: Sponsors Super Satellite Sampler System - Contest Ends 2.28.2010

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got interested in fta looking for polish channels for my wife,and after alot of searching I found this site and I have been searching for feeds ever since.

WS International and Satellite AV have joined together to offer the most incredible FTA prize system ever offered to one lucky SatelliteGuys member.

Enter to Win a Complete Motorized KU/C-Band Mini BUD System with a BIG box of satellite accessory goodies to sample, test, evaluate!

What will a lucky SatelliteGuy member win?

Satguys_WSI_SATAV20100201.png

Click on the links below to learn more about these items

* Includes Free Shipping to any Continental US address (winner responsible for shipping, brokerage and customs fees if shipped outside of the Continental US).

Total Retail Value Including Shipping is over $865

How do I enter? Answer one or both of these questions.

• What would you tell a friend or co-worker to interest them in owning a Free To Air satellite system?
or

• What got you interested to purchase your first Free to Air satellite system?

SatelliteAV
and WSI would like to thank all SatelliteGuys members for your continued support and for your participation in making SatelliteGuys #1!

The Contest Small Print:
This contest is open to any SatelliteGuys member who is in good standing with the exception of WS International or Satellite AV staff and members of their families. Contest ends 11:59 pm, PDT, 2/28/2010. One entry per member.
A random drawing of one winner will be made by a member of WS International or Satellite AV staff on March 1st, 2010. If the winner does not respond to the SatelliteGuys PM notification within 10 days, the prize will be forfeited and the unit will be offered to another contestant by random drawing.
This prize will be shipped via a ground freight company to a continental US residence or business address. In the event the winner wishes to ship the prize package outside of the Continental US, the contest winner will be responsible for all shipping, brokerage and customs fees.
By posting a reply and entering this contest, participants agree to release WS International and Satellite AV, LLC from all claims that may arise out of the possession, installation or useage of this equipment.
I bought my first Free-to-Air Satellite Dish because I really enjoy Christian TV, and I am disappointed in most of the programing from my rod antenna, as well as being disappointed in the programming and cost of the Dish network.

How I came to be interested in FTA satellite TV is a group of friends from work was sitting around and talking about their systems. I became curious and started asking questions. The next thing I knew I was on line and checking out FTA Satellite TV for myself. I picked a on line store and ordered my first set up, and I have not looked back since. This is an interesting, and fun hobby. Plus, I get to watch TV in the process.

I got my first Ku FTA System from 3ABN about 8 years ago, I saw Church Harder when he was on AMC 4 and thought I wonder what is on the other Satellites it was not long after I moved the dish to 97W after I saw what was there I had to have a motor!

been interested in fta a long time, and have been useing ku band for a while.
always trying to get more people interested in OTA and True FTA.
when it gets warmer i am going to try c-band.

thanks sattelite guys

Need More Dishes Need More Dishes

Last edited:
Reason to become an FTA'er

FTA breaks you out of the normal TV faire. Many nations and languages await you . If you remember the magical days of shortwave radio the growing FTA world is "shortwave with pictures." FTA allows you to escape the bonds US network and cable shows that is so often are "Hollywood-heavy" with fluff news.

What got me interested to purchase my first Free to Air satellite system?

I speak Español and was looking for more Spanish language channels. I love to travel but can't afford to with kids in college, so this is a way to experience new/foreign things without the expense of travel.

I got my first C band dish in 1985

I got my first C band dish in1985 went from 2 barely watchable channels to 100ds of good channels most I had never heard of. I really liked c band so fta was just the next step. I now have c an ku . Thanks:eek: billay

From then to now.

We travel to the real boonies , where there was only 1 TV station. With the advent of the " pizza " dish , it became practical to look to the skies for more. After finding out how much free stuff there was available , well , as they say the rest is history, In a short time , [ as a grasshopper ] I have learned much from this site , and , always had my questions , [ yes , some dumb ones ] answered . Thanks all. :up

contest

what i would tell my friends is to use an open mind and try new things. i can honestly say my motivation for getting into FTA was simply to not have to pay my monthly $ 63.65 canadian ( $60 usa) cable bill. however i became hooked on the DIY aspect of this hobby.

What would I tell a friend or co-worker to interest them in owning a Free To Air satellite system?

I have told numerous people about FTA Satellite and SatelliteGuys support.
When I talked about it,some of their facial expressions were as if I was from Outer Space.
Almost all of them never heard of it or did not believe that Free TV was available.
I have invited them to come and take a look, after they have shown interest.

I got interested in FTA when I found Satellite Guys. I had no idea there was so much free stuff out there. I am so glad that I found SAT GUYS and am still learning but like another poster said..................I NEED ANOTHER DISH!

:D

A friend of mine turned me on to FTA. I was amazed at the number and diversity of channels available. Since then I have been tinkering around, but due to my present financial condition over the past few years, coupled with the fact I've had to move several times I have not been able to put together a system that works. This system would be a great start for me!!!! As for what I would tell anybody about having an FTA system? It's one way of exercising our rights to control and take part in our environment without some entity telling us what we can or cannot do simply because some corporation isn't profiting from it.

Last edited:
I got interested

When a friend told me I had to come over to his house to see what he had just installed, I was amazed at what he had to show me. Wow! all of this TV and no bills, so I had him hook me up and learned and learned and learned. I just love my FTA, and this would make a GREAT addition to my setup as I live where there is no cable, hardly receive any over the air, so I am grateful for my FTA. :D

I would ask prospects How much do you pay a month for tv. They usually say about 70 bucks.
i tell them about 2 months worth will get you many free channels and no reoccurring bills.
But be prepared to spend more when you want fta both satellite and terrestrial over the air in one receiver.

I first became interested in owning an FTA system by simply stumbling across one of your competitors websites many years ago. (EITS, in case you are interested, and although they now go by a different name, not much else has changed on their site). The idea was intriguing to me, and it certainly made me want to find out what I was missing. Unfortunately, it would be another two years from when I first found out about FTA and when I could install my first system. Knowing what I know now, I would have made a bigger effort to do so sooner.

As many others I also became interested in FTA from Satelliteguys.us. I've found it to be a great addition to my BUD.

What got me interested in FTA was blacked out Lions games. I was in the black-out zone but was able to watch on 123.0W. That ship has sailed now, but that is what got me hooked on FTA.

Great prize package you guys, the best give-away i have ever seen.

I hope i win.

What got me started on FTA was the fact the Fighting Sioux Sports Network (FSSN), which has college hockey from North Dakota, is up on FTA. I really enjoy watching hockey, and have found many other programs to enjoy as well! Long live FTA!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)