EPG Data Errors - A Growing Problem???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

phat_bastard

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Just wanted to resurrect this thread http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=59359 under a new title and solicit comments on the subject since over the weekend my wife nearly bit my head off because the guide was showing a new episode of 'Team Sanchez' and that definitely wasn't what got recorded.

Is this just the latest campaign by the networks to combat us evil commercial skipping DVR users, or does TVGuide (or whoever Dish is buying EPG data from) just suck?

phat_bastard said:
Is this just the latest campaign by the networks to combat us evil commercial skipping DVR users, or does TVGuide (or whoever Dish is buying EPG data from) just suck?

I'm going to guess that Dish get their guide data from Tribune Media like almost everyone else. But if networks make changes, a don't pass those changes on to Tribune, guide data will be wrong. You'll notice this often happens with last minute changes.

After some court battle, Dish put the "TV Guide" logo on my 721's EPG.

navychop said:
After some court battle, Dish put the "TV Guide" logo on my 721's EPG.

It doesnt mean they use tv guide

Tivo uses tribune/zap2it data, and they put the tv guide logo on too.

I dont understand what caused a judge to say put a logo on of a company not providing the data

I had long wondered why they decided to put that hideous red blotch on my screen. I trust Tivo will provide them with better looking graphics when their lawyers are done with E*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts