EPG doesnt work with the switch

aamert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
I have d500 with DVR 625
i currently have just 1 61.5 cable coming from my dish to the recievr

recently i bought the following RCA switch from RS, and hooked up my dish out to the switch and then two outs from switch to the receiver.
everything works fine except that when i go to update the EPG, it doesnot do it. the progress bar just stay in the zero mark FOREVER.

any help in this regard?

Thanks

sorry here it is

Attachments

• graduation 001.jpg
    graduation 001.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 181
  • graduation 002.jpg
    graduation 002.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 182
  • graduation 003.jpg
    graduation 003.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 187
  • graduation 004.jpg
    graduation 004.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 163
Do you have a dish500 for 119/110? The extended guide comes from 110 (transponder 29). You aren't going to get it if you only receive 61.5.

no its only 61.5
i dont mean extended extended guide, just like 1 day ahead even

while when i connect just my single dish wire to the reciver it will update the guide (although dvr features wont work)

a) that switch is only gonna work with legacy LNBs

b) you need 2 lines coming down from the LEGACY LNB to use that.

You can do it with a single line, but that requires a DP Dual, and a DP splitter, HOWEVER a DPP Twin and a seperator would also work, UNLESS you are using a Dish 300.

forgot to mention that my lnb is dual, and i am pretty sure thats its legacy.

woudl i be able to work with that and the separator?(that came with the dish)

aamert said:
I have d500 with DVR 625
i currently have just 1 61.5 cable coming from my dish to the recievr

recently i bought the following RCA switch from RS, and hooked up my dish out to the switch and then two outs from switch to the receiver.
everything works fine except that when i go to update the EPG, it doesnot do it. the progress bar just stay in the zero mark FOREVER.

any help in this regard?

Thanks

Aamert,

If you have a Dish 500 with ONE LNBF then it is a TWIN not a dual. There are three types of TWIN LNBF's; 1) Legacy TWIN, 2) Dish PRO TWIN, 3) Dish Pro PLUS TWIN.

First off any Dish Network TWIN will NOT work with DirecTV switches, which is what you purchased. If you have a Legacy TWIN then there IS NO SWITCH on the market PERIOD that will ever help you support more than two receivers. If you have a Dish Pro TWIN then you can purchase a Switch to help you support more than two orbital slots and or two receivers.

The Switch you purchased uses Stacking, but DirecTV's version of it. You will not be able to ever be able to get signals from both of your Dish 500's orbital slots with the switch you purchased. DirecTV and Dish uses totally different switching and controlling signals for their respective switches.

First off you need to properly identify the hardware you have. If you have one Complete LNBF on your Dish then you have a TWIN, and it could be a Legacy, Dish Pro or Dish Pro PLUS TWIN. If you have two seperate DUAL LNBF's then you would have to have 4 cables from it to your switch or your SW21 Dish Network Multiorbital slot switches.

The solution to your problem depends on the type of hardware that you have. Disconnect the switch you purchased, reconnect your receivers, then run the switch check. After the switch check is done write down what the receiver determined is your switch configuration.

John

Last edited:
Good points.

I have all of the equipment sitting here doing nothing.
I picked up a D phase one interchagable LNB position dish just to have its 4x4
switch. And, a friend of mine moved, he was lazy to take his Dish 500 Legacy dual single's with him. I reminded him & even offered to retrieve it for him. As time passed, I picked it up.
Will make a nice poormans SW44 operatable.
Both of these dishs are rather extict.

I'll be out of options when Dish changes their FW to work for five postions.
Might be soon, with the new sat moving into postion right now.

did u post it in the wrong forum. cuz i dont see any relevance to ths one?

chelsea said:
Good points.

I have all of the equipment sitting here doing nothing.
I picked up a D phase one interchagable LNB position dish just to have its 4x4
switch. And, a friend of mine moved, he was lazy to take his Dish 500 Legacy dual single's with him. I reminded him & even offered to retrieve it for him. As time passed, I picked it up.
Will make a nice poormans SW44 operatable.
Both of these dishs are rather extict.

I'll be out of options when Dish changes their FW to work for five postions.
Might be soon, with the new sat moving into postion right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)