EPG for sub-channels, what problems to look for ?

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
No idea if anyone knows 'cause there's never been a clear answer but if someone from Dish can comment, that would be great too. Anyway, when the guide data for digital sub-channels was turned on for most customers across the country, it was short-lived and there was unofficial comments about "memory related issues" or other problems that caused them to turn this off for most people. Well, more and more are back on currently, so what should we be looking for in case of trouble ??

I only had this add'l data for 2-3 days so no real chance to see any problems. No one else was able to tie any problems they had with this addition that I know of.

I can't answer your question. But I can say that every single receiver from the lowly 1000 to the 622 has received new software from the first time the sub-channel data came on to now. So my guess is that any and all problems were addressed if there were technical problems int he first place.

My guess is that the problem was more with tribune (who provides the data) rather than with the receivers.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts