EPG Issues (Guide jumping from 2/1/12 to 11/29?)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wakeboardone

Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
This issue began last night. My program guide is missing information on many channels, and my DVR, set to record only "new" episodes, is recording all episodes it finds. I've tried unplugging for the 10 seconds with no success. When I go forward on the program guide, it jumps from today's date to 11/29, which is where the "No Info Available" begins.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm on a 722k hooked up to broadband.
Any suggestions?

Ok, I'm thinking maybe I have an equipment issue. My HD channels are now showing in SD aspect ratios. Is this receiver crashing and burning before my eyes?

Put your hand on the receiver and say the following: In the name of JESUS , I command you. The spirit of CHRIST Compells you! The spirt of CHRIST compels you! :p

But seriously, if that doesn't work , try unplugging the receiver,plugging it back in and let it reboot . IF that doesn't work call DISH for a receiver replacement.

Funny, since I just watched "The Last Exorcism", this morning!

Btw, my HD aspect came back after another 10 minutes of "unplugged" time, but the program guide is still somewhere la-la land.

Funny, since I just watched "The Last Exorcism", this morning!

Btw, my HD aspect came back after another 10 minutes of "unplugged" time, but the program guide is still somewhere la-la land.
I think you were right that this receiver is crashing. If you will PM with your account information and shipping address, I will get you a replacement sent out.

I was able to force a redownload of the program guide by doing a check switch, and all is currently well. It did take longer than usual for the download, but I have the correct guide information again. Does that still sound like a receiver going bad? If so, I'll get you the info right away. If I download my recordings to an external HDD, will they be available on the new unit?

I would keep an eye on it. If it starts acting up again, we would want to get it replaced. If you transferred your recordings to an EHD you would be able to view them on a replacement receiver.

This may NOT be an equipment problem. Today I saw my receiver rebooted during a show that records at 9PM. (Pickers) I have not had reboot problems in a very long time. But here's the interesting thing. It says the reboot was at 2:07AM. It then shows the remainder of the show recorded (after the reboot) at 2:12AM. It didn't it all happened between 9PM and 9:30PM.
I think something happened to the time in the guide, which confused the poor receiver and caused the reboot.
When it rebooted it could not see 61.5 as I found out when I realized my locals in HD were missing. I did a check switch and all is ok now.

This only happened with one of my receivers. My other was recording at the same time with no problems, and the locals were there as was 61.5.

Tampa8 said:
This may NOT be an equipment problem. Today I saw my receiver rebooted during a show that records at 9PM. (Pickers) I have not had reboot problems in a very long time. But here's the interesting thing. It says the reboot was at 2:07AM. It then shows the remainder of the show recorded (after the reboot) at 2:12AM. It didn't it all happened between 9PM and 9:30PM.
I think something happened to the time in the guide, which confused the poor receiver and caused the reboot.
When it rebooted it could not see 61.5 as I found out when I realized my locals in HD were missing. I did a check switch and all is ok now.

This only happened with one of my receivers. My other was recording at the same time with no problems, and the locals were there as was 61.5.

I had a similar issue Monday. I recorded "pickers" on my 922. I went to watch Tuesday morning and it started fine but about a minute into the recording it jumped to the end of the show. I tried to pause at the time it jumped but was unable to stop the jump. Receiver didn't do a reboot because I was using it at that time to watch local news. Seems weird, but then again this 922 is a replacement for another one and I notice on this one I get pixelation at times which never happened before. Just another piece of junk I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)