New dish customer Hate the User Interface

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cnaimo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Central Mass
Just ordered and had a new 722K installed yesterday

I spoke with sales last week and they walked me thru the process i explained that i was coming from a newer model TIVO with comcast and wanted a nice user interface they showed me a few screenshots from there web site. so i moved forward with the sale. they installed in yesterday and i started to play around with it last night. and i cannot believe how bad the UI looked it was 3 year old look and feel.

It wasnt what i was shown on by there sales person.

i reached out to customer support and spoke with there exec support person. and explained my concerned they didnt seem to understand my concern.

apprently the screen shots are from the 922 which is no longer aval.

so i requested to cancel my service. they would not do it without me paying a early cancellation fee. Remember i have only had the dish for a few hours.

so not a happy camper!

Just my rant.

any thoughts comments ???

Very few here will be sympathetic. I started a thread a few weeks ago about the weaknesses of the Dish technology stack and pointed out the archaic user interface, and how it just doesn't compare to the state-of-the-art being set by DirecTV, Apple, and TiVO. I was resoundingly rebuked and told that the UI of the system doesn't matter, so this this thread should be fun to watch. :)

I totally agree. It's functional and stable, but very ugly. It's an anachronism in a high-end home theater setup.

You have a few days to cancel I think.

Not an ounce of sympathy here!!! It is what it is. I've lived with it for several years...and I'm still living. Does the job.

Why can't customers cancel when Dish misleads so egregiously? There should be a law against this. At LEAST give this guy a 922!

they installed in yesterday and i started to play around with it last night. and i cannot believe how bad the UI looked it was 3 year old look and feel.

It wasnt what i was shown on by there sales person.
so i requested to cancel my service. they would not do it without me paying a early cancellation fee. Remember i have only had the dish for a few hours.

so not a happy camper!

Just my rant.

any thoughts comments ???

Yes, but not fit to print.

i mentioned that it was only a few hours and it was the right thing to do. they really couldnt see my issue. they did mention that there will be the new Hopper model on sale in March and they would make a note in my account to let me get on the list for an upgrade.

dont have a lot of faith in that promise. :(

I'm curious as to how you signed up? Was it online, on the phone or with a retailer? I'm pretty sure you have three days to cancel or there is some rule about buyers remorse also.

If you're not content with it & it's only been a day. By all means cancel it. I am setting myself up to be blasted for saying this, but frankly don't care.
1st the cc you used to sign up with........call & cancel it or block charges from provider in question. 2nd call provider & cancel service, agree to pay to send equipment back. That is fair & justified. 3rd be prepared to defend your decision for canceling & protest the cancellation fee intently. They will tell you there is NO grace period or 72 hr period to cancel without cxl fee. This is bull, stand your ground, but in the same manner be an adult without drama when talking to them. It is possible to get a hold of the right person who can help you, but like others have said you will not find sympathy in this forum. Good Luck.

That's why you do your research when signing a contract, and make sure and be there when the install is done. You (or someone in the family) signed for the contract, surely you (or they) would have turned on the TV and looked at it before signing anything.

If you think DISH Network's 722 interface is archaic, you should see most of the DVRs that most cable companies provide. They look like they're drawn an an NES. The 922 does look prettier but it is also a dead-end machine with LESS features than the 722K.

the 722's UI may look outdated,but it works.
He is right, Its just software and it could be polished up, so it looks all spiffy, but at what cost?
I guarantee you something else would suffer.
It would probably run slower, use more hard drive space, take longer to reboot be unreliable (till the bugs are worked out of it) not to mention it would also pull attention and funds away from current protects (bug fixes)
It is just a tool to watch tv, to me it doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it performs and is easy to use, remember Gram-ma and Gram-pa has to be able to use it too.
The new Hopper joey system will be out Ummmm "soon".
It has the same UI you (allegedly) were shown
Insist on being a beta tester and be one of the first ones to test them out.
you seem to have strong opinions you would be perfect for that job :D

Maybe I'm crazy, but standard consumer laws indicate you have at least 3 days to cancell? I have been with Dish since 1996 and never had a problem returning or cancelling anything.

Lack of homework, plain and simple.

I agree that anyone could've found out what models of receiver Dish gives out with a little research, BUT...

Why should they have to go elsewhere to do said research if an authorized Dish retailer gave them information? We all know that salesmen don't always know what they're talking about, but does that make it RIGHT? Certainly NOT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)