New dish customer Hate the User Interface

That struck me as funny, because I always saw this issue as an opinion, no one is right or wrong. What is wrong is saying that someone who doesn't place a lot of importance in it is irrational.
Correct. Which is why I say that to berate someone for complaining about it is akin to fanboyism.

As for the car analogy, you have options if you don't like the look of a car, or a television provider's UI: Switch to one that you like.
Not if you're stuck in a two-year contract.

Here is an auto analogy even more appropriate to the OP's issue:
Imagine signing a two-year lease on an Audi A4 Avant, but they deliver a VW Jetta Sportwagen.
Does the VW do everything the Audi can do? For the most part, yes.
Does the lessee have a right to be a little pissed? Damn straight.
Would someone that berates the lessee for complaining about the simpler and less attractive appearance of the VW appear to have some kind of emotional attachment to the VW brand? They sure would.

The auto analogy is not really a good one. A better one would be Windows XP vs. Windows Vista. You are promised and shown a PC with a more modern looking interface (Vista Aero) but then delivered XP Classic. After a while of being peeved at being bait and switched, you realize that Vista actually doesn't have functionality that was promised and is actually harder to use and slower and has some disabled functionality that XP had. So you wish you had waited for Windows 7 to come out, which is a re-vamped Vista without so many of the headaches.

That follows similarly the path from the 722 to 922 to (hopefully) Hopper.

Correct. Which is why I say that to berate someone for complaining about it is akin to fanboyism.

Except you didn't call just those who complain about OP complaining fanboys. You stated that anyone that "defends" the "Dish UI" is a fanboy. I suppose that such a general statement would include those that like the 922 interface as well.

Except you didn't call just those who complain about OP complaining fanboys. You stated that anyone that "defends" the "Dish UI" is a fanboy. I suppose that such a general statement would include those that like the 922 interface as well.
You suppose incorrectly. It is obvious that I was referring to the old-style UI, as that is what the OP was complaining about.

You suppose incorrectly. It is obvious that I was referring to the old-style UI, as that is what the OP was complaining about.

Point still stands. You labeled those who "defend" the UI as "fanboys" or "at the very least" as "apologists." Regardless of whether or not one is "berating" the OP.

Can you just go trolling somewhere else?

At this point it is pointless to rehash OP's case. He can either leave Dish or not. As to how he can leave Dish, only he knows the full story, and only he can get it solved. Arguing about whether or not he is stuck in a contract or not is irrelevant. OP hasn't even posted in this thread in 5 days.

Calling names and complaining about people who's opinion is different than yours isn't going to get anything accomplished.

Here is an auto analogy even more appropriate to the OP's issue:
Imagine signing a two-year lease on an Audi A4 Avant, but they deliver a VW Jetta Sportwagen.
Does the VW do everything the Audi can do? For the most part, yes.
Does the lessee have a right to be a little pissed? Damn straight.
Would someone that berates the lessee for complaining about the simpler and less attractive appearance of the VW appear to have some kind of emotional attachment to the VW brand? They sure would.
Terrible analogy.

If someone leases an Audi but is delivered and accepts a Jetta, shame on them for signing on the dotted line.
If someone signs up for service from a television provider, expects certain UI functionality, and doesn't get it, shame on them for signing on the dotted line. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see the OP get satisfaction since they were shown one thing and given another, but there are reasons why an adult is expected to be present at time of installation....

Terrible analogy.

If someone leases an Audi but is delivered and accepts a Jetta, shame on them for signing on the dotted line.
If someone signs up for service from a television provider, expects certain UI functionality, and doesn't get it, shame on them for signing on the dotted line. Don't get me wrong, I would like to see the OP get satisfaction since they were shown one thing and given another, but there are reasons why an adult is expected to be present at time of installation....

Maybe the guy was at work, and the wife was home for the install.
Why is Dish showing potential customers a interface that they don't offer?

I agree with this. DISH shouldn't be showing the 922 interface if it's not even being offered.

While I love my wife dearly, I would never rely on her to sign off on an installation like this. I would schedule it on a day off.
As I said, I agree that a sort of bait and switch was probably pulled on the OP and something should be done to make it right. But, I also still say it's not worth dropping it over....

Point still stands. You labeled those who "defend" the UI as "fanboys" or "at the very least" as "apologists." Regardless of whether or not one is "berating" the OP.[/QUOTE]Again, the old-style UI. And, it was also pretty apparent that it was the people who berate/belittle of those who complain about it who were the object of my comments.

Can you just go trolling somewhere else?
I don't troll.

At this point it is pointless to rehash OP's case. He can either leave Dish or not. As to how he can leave Dish, only he knows the full story, and only he can get it solved. Arguing about whether or not he is stuck in a contract or not is irrelevant. OP hasn't even posted in this thread in 5 days.
Perhaps he was able to get out of the contract, or maybe he decided to hunker down and wait for the Hopper/Joey, or possibly he felt that this is not the place to voice justified criticisms of Dish without people jumping down his throat.

I agree with this. DISH shouldn't be showing the 922 interface if it's not even being offered.

And why is the 922 still marketed on the Dish site?

Apparent or not, you shouldn't expect people to read your mind. If you're going to be calling names, at the very least you should be clear about whom you are speaking of. Better yet just don't call names in a civil discussion.

That being said, I agree (again) that the 922 should be nowhere to be seen/heard of from DISH if they do not plan on offering it. Not a very good start for a customer when they see the 922 being advertised, only to be told that they can't have one.

Apparent or not, you shouldn't expect people to read your mind. If you're going to be calling names, at the very least you should be clear about whom you are speaking of. Better yet just don't call names in a civil discussion.
You mean names like "troll"? :rolleyes:

That being said, I agree (again) that the 922 should be nowhere to be seen/heard of from DISH if they do not plan on offering it. Not a very good start for a customer when they see the 922 being advertised, only to be told that they can't have one.
As of today, it's gone from the Dish website, and replaced with the "coming soon" page for the Hopper/Joey. I'm realy liking the changes that are taking place at Dish. (But, I'm still no, pardon my language, fanboy.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts