EPG on Mercury II?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bonscott87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Couple questions on this receiver:

1) Is there an EPG for the religious channels at 97 and 101 (Adventist and Glorystar channels)

2) With the coax out set to channel 3 or 4, would I be able to diplex that into a coax line with DirecTV? Where my wife would want to watch most of the time is a room with just one RG6 going there and a DirecTV receiver. I'd love to be able to have the Mercury II in the main home theater and then run an output via coax diplexed into the RG6 going to that room. I really have no way of getting a 2nd line in there. Then use an RF extender type thing to be able to change channels and such. Doable?

1. Currently there are not any EPG services offered by the broadcasters for the Glorystar or Adventist channels. We have been working with a several of the broadcasters and there may be limited EPG in the future.

2. Very doable! Diplex the RF output of the receiver along with the DirecTV signal (from the DirecTV dish) then in the second roon diplex out put to the DirecTV receiver ports (Dish input and the Antenna input). When the satellite receiver is powered on, the TV will display DirecTV, when OFF, the TV will display the channel from the FTA receiver.

Couple questions on this receiver:

1) Is there an EPG for the religious channels at 97 and 101 (Adventist and Glorystar channels)

2) With the coax out set to channel 3 or 4, would I be able to diplex that into a coax line with DirecTV? Where my wife would want to watch most of the time is a room with just one RG6 going there and a DirecTV receiver. I'd love to be able to have the Mercury II in the main home theater and then run an output via coax diplexed into the RG6 going to that room. I really have no way of getting a 2nd line in there. Then use an RF extender type thing to be able to change channels and such. Doable?

2. Very doable! Diplex the RF output of the receiver along with the DirecTV signal (from the DirecTV dish) then in the second roon diplex out put to the DirecTV receiver ports (Dish input and the Antenna input). When the satellite receiver is powered on, the TV will display DirecTV, when OFF, the TV will display the channel from the FTA receiver.

Or I'm assuming in the room I could diplex off the FTA portion directly to the TV (and tune it to channel 3/4) instead of going thru the DirecTV receiver.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at your Glorystar dual LNB package.

Or I'm assuming in the room I could diplex off the FTA portion directly to the TV (and tune it to channel 3/4) instead of going thru the DirecTV receiver.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at your Glorystar dual LNB package.

yes you could. I do that right now with my StarChoice setup

output from SC combined with the FTA to the spare bedroom. When it gets there, its diplexed ouot

coax is SC from living room
a/v plugs is FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)