EPG shifted to one side.

Charade

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Just upgraded to HD (612 and a 211K). The 612 is driving a 36 inch (4:3) Sony HD monitor (1080i). I have the 612 set to 1080i output and 16:9 aspect. TV programs seem to be positioned correctly but the guide seems to be shifted to the left. The 211K is driving a Vizio 32in LCD (1080p) and the guide is not shifted. The "zoom" is set to "normal" for both SD and HD.

When the guide is displayed and a channel indicates it's HD, the left edge of the "H" in the HD icon is right up against the left side of the screen. On the LCD TV it's moved to the right a couple of inches. It's more centered.

I've also tried all the modes in both s-video and component connections and all 480,720, 1080i and 4:3#1. 4:3#2 and 16:9 combinations. The right side of the screen beyond the guide is blue like the background no matter the combination.

Any ideas?

36" 4X3 monitor

Just upgraded to HD (612 and a 211K). The 612 is driving a 36 inch (4:3) Sony HD monitor (1080i). I have the 612 set to 1080i output and 16:9 aspect. TV programs seem to be positioned correctly but the guide seems to be shifted to the left. The 211K is driving a Vizio 32in LCD (1080p) and the guide is not shifted. The "zoom" is set to "normal" for both SD and HD.

When the guide is displayed and a channel indicates it's HD, the left edge of the "H" in the HD icon is right up against the left side of the screen. On the LCD TV it's moved to the right a couple of inches. It's more centered.

I've also tried all the modes in both s-video and component connections and all 480,720, 1080i and 4:3#1. 4:3#2 and 16:9 combinations. The right side of the screen beyond the guide is blue like the background no matter the combination.

Any ideas?
You are saying the problem is on the 36" 4X3 monitor? If that's what you are saying then it's correct. You've set a 4X3 to 16X9 and it will cut off the left & right of the picture. It should be set for 4x3. The monitor is also internally set to over scan. Unless you can get into the horz & vert setting in the service menu it can't be changed. You might be able to get a service manual for it. Search online for one.

You are saying the problem is on the 36" 4X3 monitor? If that's what you are saying then it's correct. You've set a 4X3 to 16X9 and it will cut off the left & right of the picture. It should be set for 4x3. The monitor is also internally set to over scan. Unless you can get into the horz & vert setting in the service menu it can't be changed. You might be able to get a service manual for it. Search online for one.

If it's an overscan issue, it's pretty severe because it's inches, not just a few scan lines. I did notice a bit of an overscan issue with the 211K/LCD but that TV as adjustments for that in the user menus.

I have the service manual (somewhere) for the Sony. The guide being cut off isn't all that big of a deal but now that 4:3 content is being display in the center of the TV (as opposed to taking up the entire screen when I had the 625), I notice convergence problems (which is adjustable in the service menu).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)