Epics/ stars merger?

It's not MTV that people were complaining about, but the 22 other garbage channels that Viacom forces Dish to bundle with it.

Even the once-popular Comedy Central has really gone downhill in ratings.
it is MTV people are complaining about

If boxing is so 15 years ago you'd better crawl back into your mama's womb because there are a ton of boxing fans out there. :)
Boxing is nothing like it once was.
Period.
I think you better Crawl out from under your rock.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Boxing is nothing like it once was.
Period.
I think you better Crawl out from under your rock.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

It may not be, but unlike the MMA stuff, it is not only on premium channels, but quite a few cable channels and even broadcast in both prime time and non primetime slots.

So maybe it isn't us boxing fans under rocks but you might very well be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It may not be, but unlike the MMA stuff, it is not only on premium channels, but quite a few cable channels and even broadcast in both prime time and non primetime slots.

In fact we have boxing on ESPN tonight. Last week CBS carried it....

And the last Main event, had less viewers then there is NFL ST subscribers.
Not at all the numbers as back in the mid to late 90s.
And no one ever said Boxing doesn't have fans.
Box doesn't have TV ratings like they used too is what was said.

Pay attention closely to the thread in hand and you would have read, No one said anything about Boxing fans except the 2 boxing fans that are over the 49 demographic.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Not that it really matters, I am just curious, what is your train of thought in your preference for them not to acquire Starz? I really do not see any negatives, seems one of the better outcomes for a spun off network that has been having to stand independent for the past few years. They will have a feeder for films and series that has previously not been available. Lionsgate is not a "huge multimedia conglomerate" on par with Viacom, Time Warner, Disney, etc... Since Malone's goal with spinning Starz off of one of the Liberty companies was ultimately an acquisition, I really can't see how it could have turned out any better for a "independent" suitor.

Essentially, I'm not a big fan of any of the series...I'm much more of a movie-watcher and all the pay channels seem to be filling up their schedules with more and more shows and less and less movies, and with Lionsgate dragging in more shows, it just sort of turns me off. I dropped Showtime because their movies were (generally) third-tier stuff that I'd never heard of most of time and were lousy when I watched some of them. Showtime had two shows that I watched...Stargate (which they were going to cancel and Sci-Fi picked it up and ran it 7 more years + spin-offs) and The New Outer Limits, which was just ok most of the time and then they canceled it. Watched Camelot on Starz, they canned it after one season. I prefer movies, and Epix currently shows more of them than most of the other premium movie channels, which are airing more and more series (with an awful lot of reairs and weekend marathons)...

Now I'll likely get panned for not being a series fan...whatever. I guess I expect premium movie channels to actually show more movies than series...

In a way, I agree with Deadlocked.

But what makes HBO so popular is their Movie Library and their Series Library.

Starz might be getting better, But HBO has Older series that people will watch over and over again and they have so many people, that will always pick HBO.

And they Still make new series.

I've subscribed to HBO since 2002.

Starz just does have the History that HBO does.

But Boxing , I wouldn't use that as an example.
And I also wouldn't use the month of June for ratings.
Also it's a well know fact that Saturday nights are the worst nights for all tv ratiings.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

The issue is HBO rarely shows older shows now. If they would binge/marathon the older shows I can agree on that front but otherwise that's on demand/streaming/Amazon prime and doesn't have to be on HBO.

Look at these numbers.
This is why Starz will never be HBO.

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...ranos-HBO-Most-Popular-Series-Ever-64500.html

Sopranos 18.2 million viewers per episode.
Game of Thrones 18.4 million viewers per episode.
That's just the top 2.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/06/27/cable-live-7-ratings-june-6-12-2016/

What I find even more hilarious is the people that wanted Dish to Dispute Viacom .
Cleary people watch MTV even if it's only an hour a week.

So you're offering up a show that ended years ago during HBO's golden era and is not shown presently in reruns and a show we already agreed was at the top and not in this discussion as could term evidence to my numbers? C'mon man. My post was apples to apples (most recent dramas on both networks not named GOT) and Starz clearly won and will likely continue to beat out everything from HBO minus GOT now that TD seems to be getting softly cancelled.

With that said I hope Westworld does amazingly.

But here,
Outlander is Starz most popular series ever.

And at a viewership of only 1.04 million.
Hardly a threat to HBOs popularly
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/outlander-season-two-ratings/Outlander might be the most popular thing going on right now.

So that's where I kind of agree with Deadlocked.

But July HBO has a new series Vice Principals. And I think even a few others.

So IMO, Starz isn't a threat to HBOs popularity.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Also you compared L+7 numbers to L+SD numbers and want me to take you seriously? LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Fox, FX, FS1, and FS2 are premium channels? Also AXS and Spike has MMA too.

So you're offering up a show that ended years ago during HBO's golden era and is not shown presently in reruns and a show we already agreed was at the top and not in this discussion as could term evidence to my numbers? C'mon man. My post was apples to apples (most recent dramas on both networks not named GOT) and Starz clearly won and will likely continue to beat out everything from HBO minus GOT now that TD seems to be getting softly cancelled.

With that said I hope Westworld does amazingly.

If you say so.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Fox, FX, FS1, and FS2 are premium channels? Also AXS and Spike has MMA too.

No, those channels are not premiums, but Showtime, HBO and Epix are.

While boxing doesn't get the numbers it maybe got in the 90's, it is doing quite well. And with some up and coming American heavyweights in the mix I suspect it will get more coverage.

And no, it never will get the number NFL gets and never even came close at any time.

The issue is HBO rarely shows older shows now. If they would binge/marathon the older shows I can agree on that front but otherwise that's on demand/streaming/Amazon prime and doesn't have to be on HBO.

HBO on demand, HBO go, and HBO Now.
That is an endless library of old and new.
Why must you insist that it be a live only channel?

If you subscribe to HBO you have access to all of its content.

My point that you failed to figure out, was HBO has a reputation that keeps loyal customers coming back to stream over and over their favorite series that smashed anything that Starz has ever put out.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

So I get asked for data but once I get it to prove you guys wrong it's not worth finding data? C'mon man...

I said congrats. You did the research I choose not to. You win, congrats man. Not worth looking into, as it affects nothing in the near future price-wise.

Reactions: KAB
HBO on demand, HBO go, and HBO Now.
That is an endless library of old and new.
Why must you insist that it be a live only channel?

If you subscribe to HBO you have access to all of its content.

My point that you failed to figure out, was HBO has a reputation that keeps loyal customers coming back to stream over and over their favorite series that smashed anything that Starz has ever put out.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Cause we are not talking about the past. We are talking the current and future. Thus Live numbers, or at least compare apples to apples and not L+SD and L+7. The fact of the matter is that outside of the GOT bloc, HBO has gone downhill while Starz has surpassed them.

Another apples to apples comparison: HBO is about to launch a limited series, Ballers, and Vice Principals and there is like no hype surrounding those launches. On the other hand Starz is about to launch Power and Survivors remorse. Both have hype and are much better than HBO's slate.

Want to know why it hasn't been announced that GOT will be ending in two years even though the producers have stated that is their desire? Because HBO is f**king scared they won't have a successor in place yet. They know they can't continue living off one big drama a year. They are likely trying to get more mileage out of GOT or get a spinoff series.

Starz has: Black Sails (winter), Outlander (Spring), Power (Summer), and Ash Vs Evil Dead (Fall) not to mention they had Da Vinci's Demons which started this streak.

Let's look at basic cable also: AMC has The Walking Dead (Fall/Winter), Fear The Walking Dead (Spring and Late Summer), and Preacher (Early Summer)

HBO's golden era is gone and until they rebuild the slate to include multiple shows throughout the year that much be watched live they will be an afterthought.

I follow the TV industry closely, please don't try to argue with me beyond this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)