Episode # and Air Date?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

karspur

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 16, 2006
Ridgecrest, CA
I just noticed that my 625 shows episode numbers and original air dates on the information, not sure how long it has been that way. I knew other boxes had this info. Is it coming soon to the 622?

L381

karspur said:
I just noticed that my 625 shows episode numbers and original air dates on the information, not sure how long it has been that way. I knew other boxes had this info. Is it coming soon to the 622?

Yes! I have it too. Looks like a new update! I've gone from L296 to L381. An odd jump in numbering. Lots of new features, including the one you've mentioned. I love that feature on DirecTv - it told you the original air date. Until this update, Dish only had the original air year.

Other new things I've noticed - and by far my favorite - is that they've finally moved up the DVR Date choice under the DVR Sort menu. When you choose to resort the way your recordings are sorted, Alpha is first and DVR Date was 4th, but those two have to be the most often used. Now DVR Date is 2nd, right under Alpha.

Another new feature - when you enter the first DVR screen, it tells how many OnDemand choices there are. Mine says you have 24 OnDemand events available to view. Unfortunately, what they really mean is PPV on demand, and they all cost. And the selections are not so hot.

There is a new 3rd option on the first DVR menu (which is called DVR On Demand - that title may be new also) that says TV Entertainment. It's currently greyed out.

DaveyBoy26 said:
Dang.....you beat me to it riffjim.:)

DaveyBoy,

There is also a new option in the Dish On-Demand page, when you press the DVR button. The option is called TV Entertainment, although it is greyed out at the moment. I hope it is an option that signals the availability of external storage SOON.

John

I got in on my ViP622 also. I didn't have the phone line connected last night. Do these downloads happen over the stream?

They need to work on the "original air date".

For local Seattle, the daily morning news shows,
KOMO 4 News shows "05-22-06"
KIRO 7 EW News at 5AM shows 07-22-01
KING 5 Early Morning News shows 07-16-03

On CNN, some daily or weekly news shows
Larry King Live is correct
Paula Zahn Now shows 09-01-03
CNN Sunday Night shows 01-27-02

Some of the shows on Fox News just show a year.

It appears that they put the first air date for a program when they don't have more detailed info.

That's apparently the info that Dish Pass uses to only DVR "Larry King Live" one time per show. The missing info allows other news shows to repeat.

Now that it's visible, customers will probably start demanding that the info be correct.

As you all have pointed out this info is not always (often?) correct.

Another example: the premiere episode of Enterprise on HDNET is listed as "Episode: 27 Original Air Date: 09-26-01" - The date may or may not be right, I sure don't remember, but I know for a fact it was not episode 27.

So no one knows yet what the "TV Entertainment" option might be for? I've looked around on Dish's site and various Yahoo groups but haven't found anything.

I've only got a 625 and an old non-PVR model so I can't say whether you can find it on a 522, but on the 625 it's on the main DVR menu, menu item #3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)