Episode # ?

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Set up Two series recordings. One for PGA Golf on The Golf Channel and one for PGA Golf on NBC. Was suppose to record the Hero World Challenge yesterday and today.

Aired from 12-1:30pm yesterday and today on The Golf Channel and from 1:30-5pm on NBC.

Problem is that it didn't pick up the recording on NBC because it has the same episode number that was on The Golf Channel, which is 4656. Didn't record because I have the timer set up to record "new" only!

Should I expect this all the time or was this just a two time anomally? Kind of defeats the purpose of setting up a timer if it's not going to work correctly.

Since these were in fact two different shows why would they be listed with the same episode numbers? Like stated above, one was on LIVE from 12-1:30pm on channel 401 and the other was on my NBC affiliate LIVE from 1:30-5pm. ! They should not have had the same episode number listed but yet they did! I'm sure the episode screw up is why they both didn't record since I've got it set up to only record new episodes.

I should say, I'm not saying the technology makes sense. I'm saying based on how the technology from dish works, it makes sense, the issue you are experiencing.

I should say, I'm not saying the technology makes sense. I'm saying based on how the technology from dish works, it makes sense, the issue you are experiencing.

I believe these were just regular channel recordings Chad. I went into the guide and went out to the Date and channel of the event and hit the record button. It then asked if I wanted to set up a series and I said yes.

Never had a guide problem like this with Directv. When I was with them I just set up a Boolean search and was done with it.

I wonder if we could get a DIRT team member to weigh in on this. Common sense tells me there shouldn't be only one episode number for two shows on different channels! But then again, we're talking common sense versus corporate sense, or lack thereof.

The answer/problem has to come from Tribune. Hopefully reporting it to DISH will get it sent to them.

As far as never happening with Direct I haven't seen it at DISH either, so maybe had you been with Direct for this particular situation it would have happened there too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)